Who has the best web browser? IE vs FF vs Chrome

What is your prefered browser?

• Total voters

prototypedesign33

Reaction score
Admittedly, I've been a Firefox user a long time, and a lot of what I have gripes with are design of other things, but there are a few things I like about Firefox that other browsers don't offer/didn't offer when I was looking for it.

• Plugin Container: Basically, if Unity or Flash or something screws up you can kill it. You don't need to kill the whole Firefox program and reload all the tabs, just CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill plugincontainer.exe, and you're back on track.
  • Tabbed Browsing: I know everyone does it these days, but I find the tabbed browsing to be useful. This means that most of my critique in this area will be with design of the browser, rather than how the tabs work, but eh. Firefox with its bookmarks toolbar allows me to have the four RSS feeds I follow up on the top of the page, everything else close enough to reach quickly, and et cetera.
  • The Persona thing or whatever you call it: I'm not sure how other browsers do their designs, but Firefox's Persona system works well and easily, and it's not hard to find a good persona in the front page.
  • Compatibility: It seems like anymore these days the majority of pages I go to that recommend a browser recommend Firefox.
  • Add-ons. Adblock Plus and Inline Translator are the two most useful browser additions on the face of the earth. Whenever I browse without them, it's like browsing without fingers.

FrozenTime

Reaction score
IE is way to slow for my taste. Chrome is the fastest out of all of them, but Firefox is more customizable. I liked Chrome's layout, but recently Firefox's updated layout seems similar. All in all, I use both of them at the same time. However, I will say that the address / search all in one bar at top for Chrome is very convenient. Firefox wins though, just because customization makes it so you could make it preferable if it isn't.

luxiok34

Reaction score
i voted for ff3. i think ff3 is best web browser. but i have a belive chome will is best browser in next time. i like chome 10, hope chrome will best.

DarkMaster

Reaction score
My first option is Firefox, but right now I'm testing Chrome and I'm considering my opinion, Google Chorme is a usefull web browser 8)

htech

Prime Account
Reaction score
I voted for Chrome because its really fast and renders most of the new features; HTML5 and CSS3. There are still a few features that are missing, like print preview, but its getting better.

IE8 for me was really slow, but because it came pre-installed on most computers, a lot of novice users still use it. Chrome is much faster than IE8, and about equal with IE9, I'd say from experience.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
I have to go with chrome for general browsing but FF is best for web design because I find FireBug to be really useful for adding in CSS changes and inspecting what rules are actually being applied and where in the heck they are coming from. The only thing I don't like about FF is the fact that it doesn't seem as light on its feet as it used to or it could be I am now used to the speeds offered by browsers other than IE( IE means Internet Exploder).

manintan13

Reaction score
Internet Explorer: Too many bugs to count. My main beef with it is the fact that it is completely incompatible with XHTML. (XHTML CODE WITH AN HTML CONTENT TYPE IS HTML NOT XHTML)
Mozilla FireFox: I've never had much luck with this one.
Google Chrome: Has no version compatible with my computer, so I can't try it.

Personally, I use Mozilla SeaMonkey. It's by far the best browser I've found to date. However, it's built in HTML editor is really buggy, so don't use it. Ever. Also, if you like extentions (I don't), Mozilla FireFox may be a better option for you.

unichem

Reaction score
most of time opera, sometimes, for some website not html compiant firefox

ilikecookeez14

Reaction score
I personally prefer Firefox. I find it to be more open to customization than any other web browser I've used. It also renders web pages I make very well, even when my work hasn't been up to par. One of the downfalls to Firefox is that if one tab decides to crash, it crashes the whole thing and can cause a lot of grief, but this is far overpowered by all the great things it has.

When I've used Chrome in the past, it was a very good web browser. It was alright, and I loved the fact that if a tab crashes, it's only that tab. Not the WHOLE web browser. In a whole though, I very much dislike Apple and don't trust any of their products.

When it comes to Internet Explorer, I absolutely hate it. I will never in my life use Internet Explorer when I have other options available. As far as the browser goes, I find it slow (IE 9 is acceptable, but previous versions can be horrible) and buggy. Internet Explorer devs are constantly presenting their middle fingers to all of us web designers. We are expected to comply with web standards and be able to serve pages to a wide variety of web browsers, but Internet Explorer completely disregards any web standards. I haven't worked much with IE9 as I decided against internet explorer years ago, imo anything that you have to do twice as much work on a website to show properly shouldn't even be considered being used. The only people I know who use Internet Explorer have never used anything else, thus keeping their minds closed to whatever else they're missing.

I rarely use Safari, but I've disliked it when I have (can't remember exactly why, but I remember hating it). I can't recall experiences using any other web browsers.

When it all comes down to it, Firefox works just fine and will continue to be used by me. I think it's the best browser around.

Last edited: