Who here knows what MLG is?

RSG GDOG182

Reaction score
Have you ever heard of MLG? It stands for Major Leauge Gaming. If you ever have any wuestions about it, feel free to ask me, since I know MLG Pro's and Semi Pro's and i'm on an mlg team that's goign to mlg in 2009. But, I already know so much stuff about it. So feel free to ask me anything involvin it. If you're wondering what game i'm going for, i'm going for Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. But, just because i'm going for rainbow, doesn't mean I don't know much about gears of war mlg and halo 3 mlg. I know tons. So if you have a question, please, don't hesitate to ask me.

cursedpsp

Reaction score
as in Major League Gaming, basically its just a popular game?

I dont understand what your on about. Do you mean like Halo and call of duty?

iGamer

Reaction score
as in Major League Gaming, basically its just a popular game?

I dont understand what your on about. Do you mean like Halo and call of duty?

Major Leage Gaming is like NFL or NBA tis a league.

I myself am a gamer. but not professionaly.

That said.. how do you get on to a team?

scorch94

Reaction score
This sounds interesting. How do you compete? When is it? Do they play Counter Strike there?

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
In my opinion you should look into the CAL instead (Cyberathlete Amateur League) which is more known and has a lot of division (from Counter-Strike to Warcraft 3 with everything in-between).

Most of the time you can apply for a team, or the best would be to just play on a team's public server (most teams have one).

There is also the CPL (Cyberathlete Professional League), but they were recently bought by another company and they should be back soon.

Never heard of MLG.

iGamer

Reaction score
yea I saw CPL was purchased... and I have b een considering CAL.. I have several friends who are CAL in CS:Source.

Just built me a new Gaming PC in May.. and it can handle almost anything you throw at it.

Specs

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 ( Quad Core )
4GB DDR2 SDRAM
150GB 10K RPM WD Raptor X
Dual 18x OptiArc DL DVD Burners
512MB BFG Geforce 9800 GTX OC2
Integrated Audio - Did have a X-Fi Platinum but it died :(
MS Vista Home Premium x64

I play a wide assormant of games

Team Fortress 2
Counterstrike Source
BF2
Crysis
Crysis Wars
Call of Duty 4
Quake 4
Quake III Arena

I also have a Xbox 360, but its Primary Purpose is Racing Games and Media Center Extender.

btw SilentKaos... I love your Site!

Last edited:

iGamer

Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt it. Was watching a show about that on HD Theater.

xPlozion

Reaction score
mlg is a company based out of NY, and has tournaments accross the US, and once in toronto. the majority of the games that they play are for either xbox 360 (halo 3, vegas 2, etc...). I haven't really looked into whether or not they support ps3, but w/ socom comming, i wouldn't see why they wouldn't, if they don't already. A few of my friends from old school rainbow (rainbow six 3) are involved in it, and one of them taking second place.

GameBattles was acquired by MLG about a year ago I guess now, but leaving gamebattles for free matches, and mlg sticking with paid matches. on gamebattles, there are also online mlg matches, where you have to pay $5 iirc to participate in, but you have an opportunity of winning money as well...

so, to answer the op's question, yes, i know what it is ;)

MLG: http://forums.x10hosting.com/gamers-lounge/www.mlgpro.com
GameBattles: http://forums.x10hosting.com/gamers-lounge/www.gamebattles.com

GT: MadDog Burke (I play vegas 2. no halo whatsoever)

Last edited: