balaji2u

Reaction score
so excited but no use for me
coz my graphics card busted out
may be after 2 months i'll try it...

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Personally can't wait.. hopefully my 8800GT isn't outdated already!

Hopefully this isn't plagued with DRM issues.. I know EA has gotten a lot of criticism over SecuROM for Crysis Warhead, which is the reason I will not purchase that game.

Ubisoft better do a good job.. everyone knows Haze was a joke

Last edited:

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
The videos looks very nice.. they improved the graphics (which was already doing a great job in far cry) and paid a lot of attention to details. So it's not the crysis engine which takes a monster computer, but delivers very good graphics (in my opinion) which should allow people to play something good.

I've been following this game's progress for some time too so I hope it will be quite good. Far cry was a game I really enjoyed.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Personally can't wait.. hopefully my 8800GT isn't outdated already!

Hopefully this isn't plagued with DRM issues.. I know EA has gotten a lot of criticism over SecuROM for Crysis Warhead, which is the reason I will not purchase that game.

Ubisoft better do a good job.. everyone knows Haze was a joke

• Purchasers have up to 5 activations on 3 separate PCs
  • Uninstalling Far Cry 2 "refunds" an activation; this process is known as "revoke" (as long as you properly uninstall the game, you'll be able to re-install it an unlimited number of times on the 3 machines)
  • A computer can be upgraded an unlimited number of times (using "revoke")
  • Ubisoft is willing to provide additional activations, if necessary
  • "Ubisoft is committed to the long-term support of our games: you'll always be able to play Far Cry 2"
Farcry 2 bundled with Spore DRM.

That's sad. :(

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
  • Purchasers have up to 5 activations on 3 separate PCs
  • Uninstalling Far Cry 2 "refunds" an activation; this process is known as "revoke" (as long as you properly uninstall the game, you'll be able to re-install it an unlimited number of times on the 3 machines)
  • A computer can be upgraded an unlimited number of times (using "revoke")
  • Ubisoft is willing to provide additional activations, if necessary
  • "Ubisoft is committed to the long-term support of our games: you'll always be able to play Far Cry 2"
Farcry 2 bundled with Spore DRM.

That's sad. :(

Wow. I'm psychic. You guys saw it, you're all witnesses! Either that or I jinxed it.. looks like I won't be getting Far Cry 2 anymore.

Argh if these video game companies weren't so ignorant, they would realize that the entire reason why their SecuROM games are being pirated is because of the fact they put SecuROM on them! SecuROM is a slap in the face to all the legit consumers, so they figure they'll just wait for the DRM to be disabled and torrent it.

In case you all don't know, there's a list of what SecuROM interferes with: http://uoem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13510

Additionally, uninstalling the game with SecuROM will not remove SecuROM for your computer as it acts as a rootkit

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not worried about SecuROM. I'll just rent it on the consoles.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow. I'm psychic. You guys saw it, you're all witnesses! Either that or I jinxed it.. looks like I won't be getting Far Cry 2 anymore.

Argh if these video game companies weren't so ignorant, they would realize that the entire reason why their SecuROM games are being pirated is because of the fact they put SecuROM on them! SecuROM is a slap in the face to all the legit consumers, so they figure they'll just wait for the DRM to be disabled and torrent it.

In case you all don't know, there's a list of what SecuROM interferes with: http://uoem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13510

Additionally, uninstalling the game with SecuROM will not remove SecuROM for your computer as it acts as a rootkit

SecuROM is one of the worst DRM softwares out there. If they want DRM, they should stick with Steam. Sure I'm a DRM hater, but Steam's DRM policies are very loose in terms of installs and such. Even so, you can play Steam games in offline mode and install them on any and every computer an unlimited amount of times. But given my knowledge of SecuROM, it makes PunkBuster seem... good. PunkBuster acts like a rootkit itself as well, and I certainly don't need root-kit like programs messing stuff up. For anyone who wants to know why PunkBuster I said is bad, a lot of my friends have had problems with it. It did everything from slowing down their computer a bit, to lagging them out of games, to even giving them false positives and booting them from legit game servers.

As per the page, there's no way a hard drive cannot be reformatted. All you need is a Linux disk to write 0s to the drive or a really strong magnet to corrupt the disk (and maybe break it) and you're all set.

Last edited:

singingbush

Reaction score
DRM, it's the reason why I'll be getting the console version. It may cost a little more but at least I can keep my pc free from this rubbish. It's a pity really as I like PC games.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
As per the page, there's no way a hard drive cannot be reformatted. All you need is a Linux disk to write 0s to the drive or a really strong magnet to corrupt the disk (and maybe break it) and you're all set.

Yes I know but I don't want to reformat my computer once I get tired of Far Cry 2 haha. I figure I can avoid all the hassle if I don't get the game at all. I'll just wait for my friend to get it for 360

Wastrel

Reaction score
So it's not the crysis engine which takes a monster computer, but delivers very good graphics (in my opinion) which should allow people to play something good.
I've been following this game's progress for some time too so I hope it will be quite good. Far cry was a game I really enjoyed.

I fell in love with Farcry 1 when I saw it running in a shop one lunchtime. It was like discovering Doom al over again and I used to go down everyday at lunchtime to play it there as I didn't have a puter up to the job at that stage.

Remember when you first saw the Doom engine/graphics?, it was mindblowing AND they where giving away demo disks of it.

fempower

Reaction score
Was the gameplay on the orginal anywhere near as good as the graphics? I'm not sure my PC would be able to handle it but eventually maybe...