Who likes the New Google Chrome

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
hmm wow; that is interesting,
I really like it, but I have Firefox, so I think that through time spent with FireFox, I would rather not have Google Chrome,

I think Ima keep both of them though, just to see if it gets better than firefox =D

Grandcruiser

Reaction score
Same here...it looks pretty cool though...

Note: It's pretty smooth...smoother than FireFox actually...if FireFox and Google Chrome were to somehow bind together and make a whole new other browser, it would be phenomenal!

Last edited:

JKnife

Reaction score
I have been using it for the past 3? hrs and all i can say is wow.. I ran it and firefox through SunSpider(a javascript benchmark) and it is 2x as fast as FF and there have been reports of it being 10-20x faster then IE.. Over the next few weeks and months we will prob start seeing customized content for it (prob one of the first would be a ad blocker :p)

P.S. It uses webkit so that right there is automatic win \o/

*EDIT*
Cons:
1) no builtin rss (guess they want you to use iGoogle?)
2) doesn't support bziped webpages(xkcd)

Last edited:

Grandcruiser

Reaction score
Wow...really? Maybe if Google supported most/some of the add-ons I have now on FireFox, I could fully switch to it...

JKnife

Reaction score
@Grandcruiser: give it time, it is Open Source so some hackers out there WILL add features to it.. *waits for a ad blocker* (some sites have WAY to many ads on them :/)

Also check out the find dialog and the download manager :3

Grandcruiser

Reaction score
Hackers? You mean Developers...:p

Additional Note: FORGET IT! I'M USING CHROME FORVER! You can drag out windows and pop em back in again...AND IT HAS INCOGNITO MODE! That means you can do whatever you want and the information won't be saved when you browse! BEST THING EVER MAN! I LOVE CHROME!

Last edited:

naerey

Reaction score
AND IT HAS INCOGNITO MODE! That means you can do whatever you want and the information won't be saved when you browse! BEST THING EVER MAN! I LOVE CHROME!

Hackers are developers, they just change stuff instead of developing.. (real hackers, not 'mass-media' term ¬.¬)

Safari has 'incognito mode' too... and aren't you supposed to work instead of surfin pr0n? ^^

Pity they only released it for Windows.. sounds really good since I use a lot js/applications..
*me pleads for a mac version*

JKnife

Reaction score
\o/ Naerey knows the real term... *high fives*
Also for the Mac version.. :p you COULD try downloading all 2.3GB of the source(that was how big I was told it was :/ don't have the connection to do it) and try buildng the OSX version.

(Which the person that downloaded it pulled it then saw a message saying that it wouldn't build.. can we say pwned?)

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Chrome is a pretty nice browser. You've got a lot more screen real estate and the tab dragging feature is pretty handy if you've got one window for games and another for work.

I'll switch from Firefox once Adblock Plus and Mouse Gestures addons are made for Chrome. Until then Firefox will still be my primary browser.

I also hope someone can make skins for this.. I have an XP machine with a third party theme that I would like to incorporate into Chrome (I hate the light blue+Vista buttons)

JKnife

Reaction score
Chrome is a pretty nice browser. You've got a lot more screen real estate and the tab dragging feature is pretty handy if you've got one window for games and another for work.

I'll switch from Firefox once Adblock Plus and Mouse Gestures addons are made for Chrome. Until then Firefox will still be my primary browser.

I also hope someone can make skins for this.. I have an XP machine with a third party theme that I would like to incorporate into Chrome (I hate the light blue+Vista buttons)

*stuffs a pillow under his shirt and puts on his santa hat*
HOHOHO Merry Christmas! http://www.altafsayani.com/2008/09/03/download-google-chrome-themes/

Less then 48 hours and we have custom themes.. ok, going on record.. 2 days till we have a plugin/fork with ad blocking support?

edmundjones22

Reaction score
It's a pretty nice browser, but I still like Firefox better. I'm a Linux user, and until they decide to include us in this deal, i'll pass.

masteraa

Reaction score
I love its speed, IM using it right now actually, im trying to give it its fare share of time. It seem seems to load everything i throw at it almost fine.

I was told it has large security holes, i dont know how true that is. but it lacks some features, but i love the ui.

sunfire79

Reaction score
Oops, I only realised there's a Chrome thread _after_ I had created a thread.

I hope Chrome takes off. We need more open source software to fight the bloated IE.

Archkronos

Reaction score
It's in Baby Blue and the logo looks like a giant multicoloured pokeball.

This alone makes me want to steer clear until I can theme it or whatever.

Opera works for me anyway. Shame it sucks on Linux.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Same here...it looks pretty cool though...

Note: It's pretty smooth...smoother than FireFox actually...if FireFox and Google Chrome were to somehow bind together and make a whole new other browser, it would be phenomenal!
I'd definitely get addicted to that, because I love the addon and the customization in FF almost as much as I like the speed and minimalist UI in chrome... I'd like to see something with those things... such as the FireChrome! or the ChromeBug... ya that's better!