• Serif DrawPlus

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I use The Gimp. It's free and has most of the feature I need. The Gimp can be a bit confusing at times I think I've mastered the basic functions.

I have also use Macromedia Fireworks, and I liked it because it is well laid out.

de.monkeyz

Reaction score
Photoshop CS3 Extended Woo! If you're gonna make images, you may as well think big =D. I'm not even a graphic designer really either!

Mekryd

Reaction score
I use Photoshop Elements 2 (I'm outdated!) and Inkscape. I have Corel Painter Essentials, but I haven't touched it in a good long time.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Used to use CS2, but I got sick of the bloaty feel to it. Chose Paint.NET instead (much better IMO, but then again I'm not a hardcore photoshopper)

xanthophobia

Reaction score
I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro (before it got bought by Corel).
agh, I want to learn Photoshop, but I find that it's not as intuitive as Paint Shop Pro :/

IP-Drowner

Reaction score
Photoshop for me. All the other options seem to lack the tools that are supplied with Adobe Photoshop.

Elements

Reaction score
MSPaint!
I can use photoshop, and admittedly it is nice, but when I need to do something perfect, I always seem to go back to mspaint. pixelart/pixelediting <3

Also: dithering, blending, and shading by hand is a real pain :|

deadimp

Reaction score
I'm getting myself familiar with vector-based drawing in Inkscape.
I'm not that much of a graphics person, but I can draw one mean symmetrical batman logo - gotta love the cloning.

I've used GIMP briefly, and I need to start figuring that out. I'm also interested in writing small scripts in python (once I learn that...) and see what all I can make from that.

I've used Paint.NET a little too back when I mainly used Windows. I plan on seeing how MonoPaint, a port of Paint.NET to the Mono platform (meaning it'll be availabe on Linux), goes and if it'll can be worth more than GIMP.
KColourPaint is kinda fun too - a simple editor modeled after MSPaint (with most of the features the same).

About two to four years ago I used Adobe Photoshop (I think I had version 6 at the time). I dabbled in it some, looked at some tutorials 'n stuff.

Last edited:

shiryu

Reaction score
i always use ps cs3. im still a newb on PSing though. :) hope i can find a very good tutorial

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I mainly use Photoshop CS3, but I also use GIMP, Paint.net and MS Paint.

modulus

Reaction score
photoshop is easily the best program with the best design features for designing, hence why it is used by proffesionals ;)