Why Am I Always Stuck With FTP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse4

Reaction score
So many times I get problems with FTP and my website in general.

FTP gives me problems at least once a day. The newest error was just a few minutes ago! It was new so that was exciting. I love new things.

Status: Resolving IP-Address for forumevolve.x10hosting.com
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 421 50 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Delaying connection due to previously failed connection attempt...
That repeats several times and finally just quits. I would give up too.

Next issue is my site in general. Just today I got so many different errors from FireFox. I can't remember them all, but there was, "Network Timeout", "The connection to the server was reset", blah blah blah, I did not like any of them.

I don't think this is a problem on my end but a problem on x10's end. I check frequently when I get these errors, in the AMP, there is always at least one red button and "Offline" associated with these errors.

Again, these errors happen frequently and I have to take them into consideration, when I read other people's posts saying that x10 is the best free hosting service, sometimes I have to disagree, not that I am ungrateful, just because of what I've experienced.

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
If your ftp client opens more than 1 connection after a very short time our firewall will be annoyed with you and block you for a bit, all connections then to your site will fail.

Eclipse4

Reaction score
I have configured my FTP client a long time ago to only open up 1 simultaneous connection at a time.

Like I said, it's not a problem on my end and x10 keeps skipping out with these excuses.

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
it also says in your post
Response: 421 50 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry

So its hit the max FTP users its going to let in for now.. Perhaps it sees your repeated attempts to ftp in as an attack and it being a little sensitive while you're being perhaps a little eager?

Eclipse4

Reaction score
No,

My client will try to connect, after 20 seconds of no data transmission it will time out, then it waits 5 seconds before it tries again. It will only try again twice. Then it stops completely. If your system thinks that is an attack then it's got some serious issues.

And can you also explain the problems with loading my site in a browser. Why do I get all these errors from FireFox concerning the server. I suppose that's my fault also.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I get a password protection box when I view your site. If you are receiving errors can you copy them here or give us a screenshot so we can help you better?

This is what I am getting: http://www.brandonsgames.com/eclipse4.PNG

Eclipse4

Reaction score
Guess what, a new problem! OMG YAY!

The webmail I'm supposed to be able to use, at port 2095, doesn't work.

I try to send an e-mail, I get:

ERROR: Authentication failed
Server replied: 535 Incorrect authentication data

I send a message to myself from my school email address, I just plain don't get it in my inbox.
Edit:
I get a password protection box when I view your site. If you are receiving errors can you copy them here or give us a screenshot so we can help you better?

This is what I am getting: http://www.brandonsgames.com/eclipse4.PNG

Brandon, you don't need to see my site to know that there are problems with it. I told you, I get messages saying there are problems with the server. These are FireFox messages. If you feel you must access my site you can use the username test and the password test but your just going to go there once and come back and tell my it's loading fine for you.

Well, that's just one moment out of the whole day. Spend an entire day on there and then come back and tell me it loads fine. I think it would change your mind.

Haha, I just tried to go to my site, it took so long to load that I go redirected to a search of my site's url on Google. Another new one, this is great.

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I made a change to exim, could you try again please.

What are the error messages exactly? I can't do anything if I can't reproduce the error.

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I was addressing the 535 error.

Eclipse4

Reaction score
I was addressing the 535 error.

Still the same error, I get this one at my other account that tried to send an email to it:

The original message was received at Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:58:36 -0400

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<webmaster@forumevolve.com>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
.. while talking to forumevolve.com
>>> RCPT To:<webmaster@forumevolve.com>
<<< 550 No Such User Here

Original-Recipient: RFC822; <webmaster@forumevolve.com>
Final-Recipient: RFC822; <webmaster@forumevolve.com>
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; forumevolve.com
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:58:36 -0400

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I am going to escalate this to Bryon or Corey as soon as one of them gets on, it's out of my knowledge sorry for the inconvenience.

Eclipse4

Reaction score
Do either of them know about this? It's still not working.
Edit:
Still nothing? I've waited 48 hours now.

Last edited:

TonnyORG

I Code Things
Community Support
Reaction score
This thread was closed for inactivity, if you contune whit doubts/problems, you can re-open this thread or create a new one :)

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.