why do we believe in a religion?

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Here is my opinion:

Religion was created by the smartest people! They reasoned that if there was no "heaven and hell", then every human would become bad and humanity would be destroyed. They wrote the Bible and created a story that seemed real. The idea of heaven keeps most of us from doing bad things, the only thing that keeps most of us from doing bad things. Religion was only created to stop humanity from destroying itself.

It makes sense to me =P

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
Here is my opinion:

Religion was created by the smartest people! They reasoned that if there was no "heaven and hell", then every human would become bad and humanity would be destroyed. They wrote the Bible and created a story that seemed real. The idea of heaven keeps most of us from doing bad things, the only thing that keeps most of us from doing bad things. Religion was only created to stop humanity from destroying itself.

It makes sense to me =P

i agree with you but arent we already destroying our selfs?

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
yea we are, but religion would soon stop it... kind of

i dont think religion will stop it it may get worse world leaders using religion to make money and go on war they created the terrorist to help them acheive what they want and make them fight each other so in between that peoples mind goes on the was and terrorist and then they do there job look in iraq and afghanistan etc do you think they are helping ? nah they are not they are there bcoz there is something in there they want example in iraq there is oil,

there is lots of things people understand and they still ignor them

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Religion actually makes it worse in some cases because it gives the idea that by praying, your sins are forgiven. I know many people who will sin all day long, then pray two hours a day and feel good about it. Again, action is better than words.

vekou

Reaction score
i remembered my astronomy professor said before that religion is the way for mankind to explain the unknown. seems logical and acceptable for me, since early times, if people cannot explain a certain phenomenon, they usually call it a miracle and thus relates to religion. it's that simple, if you cannot explain it, it must be God's doing.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
Religion actually makes it worse in some cases because it gives the idea that by praying, your sins are forgiven. I know many people who will sin all day long, then pray two hours a day and feel good about it. Again, action is better than words.

im tottaly with ya twinkie i have seen lots and lots of people doing sins and after they pray to god so god can forgive them for there sins but god didnt say that you do a sin and then pray i will for give you for it,maybe in this case like if u do a sin by mistake then pray god can forgive yo but if u know that its wrong and its a sin and you do it its wrong then whats the point of praying ?

i remembered my astronomy professor said before that religion is the way for mankind to explain the unknown. seems logical and acceptable for me, since early times, if people cannot explain a certain phenomenon, they usually call it a miracle and thus relates to religion. it's that simple, if you cannot explain it, it must be God's doing.

ok but there was miracles before but why isnt any know some time i think it some may have been tricking them those times people were not as inteligent as right know they can tell between an illusion and real miracle that old time no body knew if some 1 performed a small magic trick they may think of it as a miracle u know what im saying

vekou

Reaction score
^ got your point.. besides, religion dates back thousands of years ago, so it's like a part of everybody's life. it's not like we can change thousands of years of lifestyle in just a day.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
^ got your point.. besides, religion dates back thousands of years ago, so it's like a part of everybody's life. it's not like we can change thousands of years of lifestyle in just a day.

i didnt say you have to change it in one day the point is yes it may be possible religion was made by some inteligent people and it is stoping some people from doing bad things but as we all see the goverment is using religion to cover there tracks and blaming religion

ughh_li

Reaction score
imo the reason for religion was to get people to follow rules because when most of these religions were created there was very little gov't control and the church had more say over the state so the concept of a heaven was instituted to make people follow rules without obeying their gov't

these are just my views i was a christian but not anymore

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
imo the reason for religion was to get people to follow rules because when most of these religions were created there was very little gov't control and the church had more say over the state so the concept of a heaven was instituted to make people follow rules without obeying their gov't

these are just my views i was a christian but not anymore

ok let agree with u but isnt it the same thing again it was created to control human beings so they dont do bad things and they get scared of god.
and there are questions that we dont have answer to it ,we humans aways ask why isnt that right

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Religon is our way of explaining things we can not explain. It is also our way of rationalizing the ratical things in life.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
Religon is our way of explaining things we can not explain. It is also our way of rationalizing the ratical things in life.

ok let me tell you something ur saying religion is our way of explaning things yes it maybe but all those things that we hear it happend long long time ago and those miracles and stuff does not happen know why is that and how do we know that its right or its wrong?

compass

Reaction score
Religions were not invented or promoted to "help" people behave or to make them feel better.

Yes, there was an element of "spontaneous" belief in spirits, powers, etc. due to ignorance and to witnessing pretty spectacular and frightening events without any available explanation.

But when some people started organizing this, when rituals were started that were - to the educated and knowledgable people of the time - clearly mumbo-jumbo and yet "good for the masses", it is naive to suggest it was piety or philosophy that drove these first "priests" to surround themselves with lies "for the good of all".

No. Religions were invented to take advantage of people's fear and ignorance.
To begin with I think they were simply scams, a way to get out of doing your share of work as you had to "commune with the spirits".

Now, it's a way of getting people to do what you want because "it is the will of God".

Last edited:

Calystos

Reaction score
Baaaahhhhh say the sheep... Lets follow the herd... Be like lemmings...

Religion had its day, like say the dark ages when humans were too stupid to stand up an think for themselves... Though back then anyone who did so ended up being burned as a witch or something like that, haha.

Its like the English, over the centuries they were "moulded" into being subservient and obedient an never ever speak up or out against the monarchy. But in more recent times that brainwashing has been outgrown cos the "royals" have no say in how the country is run anymore an no longer are people beheaded/etc.

Its the same with things like religion, no more do the churches have the power to kill people just cos they don't follow their beliefs/etc.

Almost all religions have the basic premise, believe in what we believe or we'll beat the crap out of you til you do... Course these days they're more "civil" about that, but still its all been the same routine over the decades. Oh look, theres a country that believes in a sun god how primative lets go invade them an force them to believe our ways and make slaves of them... Sound familiar? Eesh...

Sooner we get rid of all religion the better this planet would be. All it takes is one fruit loop religious nutball to press a single button "in the name of god" an thats it game over man.

Oh an you can always spot religious idiots cos they ALWAYS put god with a CAPITAL G. FFS. Oh an of course theres those ones that always class their god as a "he" or "him", etc. Again putting a capital H, lol.

Religions were made by men to keep control over everyone else. Way I see things, no one person should be allowed to be in charge of everyone and everything. Its too much for one person to have the power of.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
because were faithful!!!
read the forum rules before posting in crossfire
here. One liners strictly prohibited.
Baaaahhhhh say the sheep... Lets follow the herd... Be like lemmings...

Religion had its day, like say the dark ages when humans were too stupid to stand up an think for themselves... Though back then anyone who did so ended up being burned as a witch or something like that, haha.

Its like the English, over the centuries they were "moulded" into being subservient and obedient an never ever speak up or out against the monarchy. But in more recent times that brainwashing has been outgrown cos the "royals" have no say in how the country is run anymore an no longer are people beheaded/etc.

Its the same with things like religion, no more do the churches have the power to kill people just cos they don't follow their beliefs/etc.

Almost all religions have the basic premise, believe in what we believe or we'll beat the crap out of you til you do... Course these days they're more "civil" about that, but still its all been the same routine over the decades. Oh look, theres a country that believes in a sun god how primative lets go invade them an force them to believe our ways and make slaves of them... Sound familiar? Eesh...

Sooner we get rid of all religion the better this planet would be. All it takes is one fruit loop religious nutball to press a single button "in the name of god" an thats it game over man.

Oh an you can always spot religious idiots cos they ALWAYS put god with a CAPITAL G. FFS. Oh an of course theres those ones that always class their god as a "he" or "him", etc. Again putting a capital H, lol.

Religions were made by men to keep control over everyone else. Way I see things, no one person should be allowed to be in charge of everyone and everything. Its too much for one person to have the power of.

well i dont know whats with the people like you well its bcoz its a human nature lolz

u said

why do you think that maybe they are not idiots and maybe your an idiot you shouldnt talk sh****t like that and calling religious people idiots :nuts: this post is not about hate its about why do u believe in a religion give an answer and thats it if your one of none believers then say so but dont call anyone idiot etc

may god guide you in the right way