Why does my email fail with "530 Relaying not allowed" ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurfle

Reaction score
I included this question in my intro post, where suggested posting it here:

Trying to send from Squirrel on my new account nick@dreyer.x10hosting.com:

"Authentication required 530 Relaying not allowed - sender domain not local"

Similar response from Outlook Express

Return message trying to send to nick@dreyer.xhosting.com from Outlook Express 6:

<nick@dreyer.x10hosting.com>: host dreyer.x10hosting.com[216.245.205.66] said:
530 Relaying not allowed (enable smtp authentication on your email client)
(in reply to RCPT TO command)

The fact that Squirrel fails says that it is not a configuration problem with OE.

One oddity: I originally set up a new account on domain pcriot.com and created e-mail account nick@gurfle.pcriot.com, which actually worked. After changing domain through the "Modify Account" interface I still see the pcriot address under the Email Accounts interface which is now impossible to delete. Could this be the cause of the "Relaying" issue? I very much would like to delete the pcriot account, as it uselessly takes up one of the five available.

I have also issued a formal ticket for support on this question, but so far no response from that.

Thanks for any suggestions, Nick

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
Please read the news. The free hosting servers are not necessarily stable for a little while. The server administrators are upgrading a number of things and recompiling apache and/or php, so that would probably be why your mail isn't working.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
One oddity: I originally set up a new account on domain pcriot.com and created e-mail account nick@gurfle.pcriot.com, which actually worked. After changing domain through the "Modify Account" interface I still see the pcriot address under the Email Accounts interface which is now impossible to delete. Could this be the cause of the "Relaying" issue? I very much would like to delete the pcriot account, as it uselessly takes up one of the five available.
I also had this problem. Corey had to come and delete manually the email user and I had to create a new one. Try switching back to your old domain, deleting all the emails associated and switching back to your new one.

gurfle

Reaction score
Thanks to Lieutenant Xav0998's suggestion - I think, old phantom e-mail is now gone. Took a half dozen attempts changing domain back and forth - so now only e-mail address nick@dreyer.xa0hosting.com appears to exist, though "530" relay problem still prevents me from sending or receiving anything with it.

I suppose I should wait a few days, as Chris Z points out servers are in the process of being revamped.

Thanks again for all the replies. Cool stuff anyway. Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.