Why does my site take so long to load sometimes. I'm on Cossacks and it happens a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaturnElite

Reaction score
It takes like 30 seconds for the page to fully load, and I have 8 mb/sec internet, so I know it's not my internet.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Why does my site take so long to load sometimes. I'm on Cossacks and it happens a

It's not you. Site took roughly 10 seconds to start loading up here and seems to be a little sluggish. I'll see if I can find other sites on Chopin to see if they are showing the same issues.

EDIT: One thing I did notice is that your forum seems to be using a Feedburner and posting topics to the forum. I've seen some cases where a website might be taking some time to serve up an RSS/Feed file causing a slow down on page load. That is, of course if the script is attempting to get feeds every page load. You could take a look at that to see if it may be causing a problem.

Last edited:

SaturnElite

Reaction score
Re: Why does my site take so long to load sometimes. I'm on Cossacks and it happens a

It's not you. Site took roughly 10 seconds to start loading up here and seems to be a little sluggish. I'll see if I can find other sites on Chopin to see if they are showing the same issues.

EDIT: One thing I did notice is that your forum seems to be using a Feedburner and posting topics to the forum. I've seen some cases where a website might be taking some time to serve up an RSS/Feed file causing a slow down on page load. That is, of course if the script is attempting to get feeds every page load. You could take a look at that to see if it may be causing a problem.
I have it set to check major gaming news sites every 5 minutes....perhaps that's it?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

It's possible. See if disabling the script solves the loading speed issues first. If it does, you can adjust the script to run less frequently as I'm pretty sure it is working in a sense that a page load at around a certain time will trigger it to run.

EDIT: I noticed you were just suspended for high resource usage roughly 20 minutes ago. I would definitely take a look at the feedburning script.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.