Why does the Wii suck?

teguild

Reaction score
There isn't a single game worth buying for the Wii. Mind you, Brawl will probably make it worth buying but other than that there isn't too much.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I haven't tried a Wii for sure to determine if it sucks or not. Yeah, it may be meant more for little kids games, but aren't there some good FPS games out for the Wii now?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah Wii sucks alright; unless you get a modchip, of course. Still hate the controls though!

Dovir

Reaction score
I haven't tried a Wii for sure to determine if it sucks or not. Yeah, it may be meant more for little kids games, but aren't there some good FPS games out for the Wii now?

Have you've ever heard of Manhunt 2 for wii? That is the COMPLETE opposite of a kids game! "It a kids game just because it's for wii" yea right. Take a look at this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rLyWfolLkzc Yep, that's a kids game alright![/endsarcasm]

xZel0

Reaction score
Have you've ever heard of Manhunt 2 for wii? That is the COMPLETE opposite of a kids game! "It a kids game just because it's for wii" yea right. Take a look at this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rLyWfolLkzc Yep, that's a kids game alright![/endsarcasm]

First off that was a multi-platform game so it was also on other systems. Also, how many other violent games do you know on the Wii? I know about 10 at the most, none of them developed by Nintendo. Now how many M games are on the PS3 and the 360? A lot more.

soren121

Reaction score
Let me see...Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (rated 9.5/10 by Nintendo Power),
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (rated 9.5), Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. And coming soon is No More Heroes, a bloody action game. Good enough?

mattura

Reaction score
meant more for little kids games
Who cares? Don't you wanna be that age again?!!
My cousin has a projector screen set up with it - awesome!

valinthir

Reaction score
Seriously, The Wii only sucks if all you ever play are violent games (yes, I love them too, I'm not flaming you.) If you also like puzzlers, platformers, party-games, etc. then the Wii kicks ass.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I disagree, the party games get boring and tiring fast. We all end up playing either Rock Band or Halo 3 on XBL

valinthir

Reaction score
I disagree, the party games get boring and tiring fast. We all end up playing either Rock Band or Halo 3 on XBL

Maybe it's just me and all my late 20-something friends, but we can play wii bowling, wario, and smartypants all night long. We're probably in our waning late-20's lameness stage though :p

NeonWarrior

Reaction score
id have to disagree on the whole "sucking" point, i think the controls are revolutionary in a way, it draws a player into the game and makes them feel more of apart of it, even fatigue ahaha

dont mess with me i take a games development course at college >:D

b0gner17

Reaction score
I have played the wii, the xbox360 and the ps3.... I own a xbox360 and I prefer it over the other two. The PS3 has nearly the same graphics as the xbox360 but their video graphics suck. Its online play lacks in a lot of features unlike xboxlive. The xbox360 has a great range of games where as the ps3 doesn't. Now my comments on the wii..... Ok graphics and some fun games..... This console was not built for performance or graphics but simply for having a good fun with it. I personally take my xbox360 gaming quite serious.....

adamkrem

Reaction score
This needs to be pointed out.

Console Selling
1. Wii
2. Xbox 360
3. PS3

Game Selling
1. Xbox 360
2. Wii
3. PS3

In my advanced game design class we went over all the fields of the gaming market and the wii and the 360 own in all fields as 1 and 2.

The PS3 doesn't even touch the market and pretty much suchs.

So get used to it.

The wii doesn't suck it's actually quite fun.

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
There isn't a single game worth buying for the Wii. Mind you, Brawl will probably make it worth buying but other than that there isn't too much.

Whole list of good games:

Raving Rabbids 2. VERY low learning curve, very much fun at parties

Metriod Prime Corruption: Great Story, Great Control Scheme, Great Graphics, just no Multiplayer

Super Mario Galaxy: Nice, good fun. Built for the younger side, but anyone can have fun.

Twilight Princess: AMAZING, no more need to be said here

Super Mario Strikers : Great Multiplayer, but a rather steep learning curve

AND MANY MORE

granted, there were a few games that dissapointed us (Call of Duty 3, Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball, ect.) but there are still a lot of great games.

Also keep in mind,

1 xbox = 2 wiis in price

1 PS3 = 3 wiis in price

1 wii = many many many consoles in new creativity.

wii != suck;

NeonWarrior

Reaction score
Console Selling
1. Wii
2. Xbox 360
3. PS3

id like to know where you got this from, cuz for an assignment i had to research this info and wii had the lowest console sales because only 1 factory makes them, so again i disagree

teguild

Reaction score
The biggest problem I have with the Wii is that it has a great deal of potential that isn't being used. For example, one of the games I've played on Wii was DBZ 3 or something like that, and you basically only used the movement of the Wii remote for a few things. I think there's a strange age gap for Wii, that being kids and people aged 30 and up like it. Anyone in the middle of that has been growing up with all the new advances in gaming, and besides the Wii having a little bit of novelty value with the movement, it really doesn't have too much depth. The reason I started this topic was because I went to Toys R Us to pick out a few games, and the wall was littered with kids games. True, I havn't tried Metroid or Zelda, but I purchased the Wii because I thought it would be a good multiplayer console, as Nintendo usually is. Are there any good mulitplayer games?

jjpeacha

Reaction score
True, very true . . . I only got it cus it looked good in my room ;) haha no, I like it but I still play on my 360 more.

admintwo

Reaction score
Wii is fun to tell the truth....thousands no i'm sorry millions of people bought Wii and play games sure kids play them the most....but wow some games are great for the older groups of people...Manhunt was a great example.....Manhunt is a great game.

Yea yea I still do play.

imaran

Reaction score
First off, NO, 360's graphics are certainly not better. Try the game Uncharted out for PS3, will blow away anything you've imagined on 360. The cross console games at this point have been more ports from 360 to PS3, those that were made individually are even or given a slight edge to PS3, those ported to PS3 from 360 however 360 stomped PS3 which is why some people believe 360 has better graphics. At this point though, it is really just a toss up but in the long run PS3 has far more potential.

The reason Wii has sold more is A. Cost efficteveness and B. Innovativeness. That said, PS3 and 360 have pulled in more money because they need to sell less to make what Wii does with a couple sales. The majority of Wii's sales were in the beginning, now they hardly ever sell(ask any local store). Everyone who wanted one already bought one and now the games they've been releasing as of late and for the next year are all either cross console or they suck. And why would you buy a game that has worse graphics on the Wii when you could get it on 360 or PS3? Besides which, anything difficult is much easier to play on PS3 or 360. While the controls are fun for some games, it makes challenging games almost impossible.

I'll add more if i have a chance later. BTW the guy who posted nintendo power ratings should have picked a different place, of course nintendo will rate their games far better than somewhere that isn't biased towards their own games, try Gamespot or IGN.