Why does the Wii suck?

intertec

Reaction score
The Wii is only fun for me when I play multi-player with other people! Playing by yourself is so boring on the Wii.

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
Possibly because you don't feel like an dork waving a remote when 4 other people are waving them, too.

krotoc

Reaction score
It maybe sucks for u in the term of controlling, but I think it kind of revolutionize our way in playing console games plus its good for our health too. lolx

withambition

Reaction score
I personally enjoyed the Super Smash Bros. game, single or multiplayer. That's one addicting game and the sole reason why I'd like to own a Wii.

haloboii1337

Reaction score
Hmm... I don't know.
Maybe the WII doens't suck :O

It really depends i guess, see i like FPS games.
So i'm not really into the WII.
But i think WII is for like hella friends together to play, like a party console.

but yeah...
XBOX360 FTW. >:p

rocketbilly_ronald

Reaction score
I like it.
Ghost Squad, No More Heroes, Sengoku Basara 2 (Heroes) and soon MadWorld (And NMH and MW not because of the huge amounts of blood, but more because I'm a fan of Beat'em Ups).

Actually this gen is pretty lackluster, for an arcade fan as me.

Last edited:

MarioMaster

Reaction score
I disagree, the party games get boring and tiring fast. We all end up playing either Rock Band or Halo 3 on XBL

i hate rockband. gh3 is way better and gh aerosmith is gonna blow u away. regardless, don't forget that you can play rockband on nintendo wfc (wi-fi connection). i recommend going out and buying gh3. i'm pretty sure your rockband guitar would work with it ;-).

It maybe sucks for u in the term of controlling, but I think it kind of revolutionize our way in playing console games plus its good for our health too. lolx

yeah, i started sweating from playing wii sports a couple times. i was playin with my little bro, who's only 8 so he likes to get into the game. just be careful, as little kids can get addicted to video games a lot easier than teens/adults.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Little kids can get addicted, but I only started playing shooter games since last year, before I built my current gaming computer and I got addicted fast. It kind of depends on your personality...

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The thing with the Wii is that for a gamer like me, it has nothing I want to play. The only reason I'd get one is for first party Nintendo games and I don't even like them in the first place. If Nintendo started showing interest in gamers instead of housewives and children then it might be a viable system. The problem is that Nintendo has all but forgotten that demographic.

Not to be redundant, but it's true what others have said in this thread regarding Wii being only fun when played with others and that the games get boring after a while. Not to mention the bad online system.

I really don't expect most of you people who think the Wii is the massiah to understand that it's not the best console, nor will it ever be. Looking purely at games it has the most bad games out of all the console this generation. The hardware in the machine is last generation hardware, it is barely better than the orginial Xbox, which make the graphics feel outdated. I always hear the arguement that game play over graphics but why can't I have both with the Wii?

In the end, the Wii just doesn't have the appeal of good games that the PS3 and the Xbox 360 has. They are true gaming machines and the Wii feel like a novelty.

yeah, i started sweating from playing wii sports a couple times. i was playin with my little bro, who's only 8 so he likes to get into the game. just be careful, as little kids can get addicted to video games a lot easier than teens/adults.

What, are you an authority on game addiction or something? Do you watch Fox news or something?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
This is a matter of personal preference really. I agree with the people saying that it's not designed for hardcore games - it's just one of those things designed for a good laugh. There are some good points to it - some of the games use some very controls thanks to the Wiimote. The grahpics are a little on the bad side, but who cares? It's quite cheap and good fun, do we really need HD graphics for that?

-Luke.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The grahpics are a little on the bad side, but who cares? It's quite cheap and good fun, do we really need HD graphics for that?

You get what you pay for... Cheap experiences and games that lose there appeal a week after purchase.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
You get what you pay for... Cheap experiences and games that lose there appeal a week after purchase.

Whatever you say :D. I don't own any of the three new consoles; I think they're a complete waste of money and prefer playing games on a PC. Put it like this, all three have their own advantages over the others. The Wii has two main once, innovative controls (a more 'natural' interface) and the price. The XBox 360 because of its game range and online play. The PS3 because of the gameplay and Blu-Ray playback.

As for the trolls here, if you keep it up you may find yourselves in bother if you keep being rude. We have no problem with you voicing your opinions, but being persistently rude and arguing with other members is not on.

-Luke.

wolfy67

Reaction score
I remember a couple console generations ago. There was this little machine on the market that had more powerful hardware and a brighter future than the rest of the machines. Truthfully it could have dominated the market. Sadly for the poor Saturn, Sony and Nintendo had much better third party support and marketing campaigns. Nintendo's current baby, the Wii, by far has the weakest hardware of the new generation. They need to keep excellent 1st and 3rd party support and great marketing to make the Wii work.

The Wii doesn't suck really, it just has limited appeal. I've tried to get into Wii games, really I have, but I can't get passed the "wave the Wii-mote around just because you can!" games. If more games took advantage of the wii's motion sensors instead of pushing out games that seem like motion sensing is an afterthought, Wii could have PS3 and Xbox360 scrambling to catch up. As it is, internet rumors point to Sony and Microsoft thinking about adding motion to their controllers but nothing definite yet.

I could see some amazing uses in FPS games especially, possibly even in platformers and action games. But like I said earlier. The Wii games now just feel wrong. It's like they're treating the wii controller as a novelty at a freak show rather than the next big thing.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Whatever you say :D. I don't own any of the three new consoles; I think they're a complete waste of money and prefer playing games on a PC. Put it like this, all three have their own advantages over the others. The Wii has two main once, innovative controls (a more 'natural' interface) and the price. The XBox 360 because of its game range and online play. The PS3 because of the gameplay and Blu-Ray playback.

As for the trolls here, if you keep it up you may find yourselves in bother if you keep being rude. We have no problem with you voicing your opinions, but being persistently rude and arguing with other members is not on.

-Luke.

I'm not being rude, I'm adding to the topic at hand.I gave reasons why the Wii sucks, so where's the problem? This thread is basically an argument on why or why not the Wii sucks. Why should only one side of the coin be heard?

I never once said anyone who owns a Wii sucks, I just stated facts about the Wii that many people don't see. For example, Wii Sports, the number one game on the console sales wise (due to it being packaged with the Wii), lacks the holding interest than the common Xbox 360 or PS3 game just because it lacks content.

This issue is very similar for the majority of the Wii's games just because they are budget party games that are meant for bursts of game play and not for longevity.

In fact, that's one of it's main selling point to the type of consumer who buys a Wii, so really, if someone is offend by that then they just don't understand who the Wii's demographic is.

Maybe my post was worded inappropriately and or too bluntly, so I apologize for that, but it still doesn't change the fact that I believe in most cases with the Wii that it's a true statement. There are always exceptions to the rule of course so I admit I may have generalized a bit.
Edit:

That sure is a sucky problem...

At least they sent Wii owners a new strap.

Too bad they don't fix the broken appliances/animals/windows.

Last edited: