Why is my account suspended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

layabroxd1

Reaction score
MY ACCCOUNT IS SUSPENDED

You have been suspended for violating our max email per hour rule - free hosting accounts are only allowed to send 100 emails per 1 hour (3600 seconds). Contact x10hosting support to resolve this suspension
This is soo stupid! i only sent an email to my members, that was only once!
This is not fair! this is rediculous, someone read this right away!
im not happy with this service.
Account name: layabroxd1
Website domain: forums.elementfx.com

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
You might want to post your concern in the "Free Hosting" Forum which is the best place to get support and answers to questions regarding free hosting accounts.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I already reported it (not as a bad thing, just to get it into the right spot), so it's just waiting for someone to respond to the "Livewire has reported a post" email.

layabroxd1

Reaction score
Thanks livewire, i hope we can look into this matter, if there is nothing u can do too unsespend, i need a way i can copy my internet data fiiles too my pc, there really important!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
There's not, you need staff and I'm an Advocate. Even Paragon's (Boss is the Best is the only paragon right now) can't do anything with accounts.

layabroxd1

Reaction score
An admin has not responded yet, this service is utterly pathetic!, the staff here suck, gosh, my forums, i reply alot faster than this!
u guys have a little time before it gets completely suspended, if it does, im reporting this website as fraud!

jackson4christ

Reaction score
While I'm sorry your account got suspended. GET A LIFE! There were stated TOS and AUP's and you broke them, accidentally, but broken still the same. Anger at x10 is hardly to going to help anything. If I ever encountered a hosting client acting like you have I'd immediately give them the boot, refunding them what ever it took so that I'd never have to deal from them again. Grow up dude, or you'r going to be pretty unhappy the rest of your life.

Sincerly
Jackson

jackson4christ

Reaction score
Also, from SMF and I assume phpBB you can set a man number of emails to send per hour, so in a case like this were you were sending a mass email if that option had been set to under a 100/hr it would have sent them in batches every hour, thus saving your account. It'd be really, really cool it fantastico would do this for you when you set up the forum, but it doesn't at least not yet.

Sincerly
Jackson

phazzedout

Reaction score
@layabroxd1

It is not x10hosting's fault that you broke the Terms of Service. If you decide to take them to court (which wouldn't be smart) all they have to do is open up a can of whoop ass (the Terms of Service). Now you can say, I did not recall ever agreeing to the Terms of Service.

WRONG!

screenshot3ow.png

See where it says you accept to the Terms of Service.

So now you say, "Ok, so what, I have the IQ of an ape and do not understand the relevance of this to what I am stating."

Well glad you admit you are not the brightest of bunch so here are the TOS you breached.

1. Server Usage
... x10Hosting reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its servers to anyone...

Even an ape might understand this, this basically means that if they don't like you, you get the boot. :)

2. High Resource Usage Policy
Resources are defined as bandwidth and/or processor utilization. x10Hosting may implement the following policy to its sole discretion: When a website is found to be monopolizing the resources available x10Hosting, reserves the right to suspend that site immediately. This policy is only implemented in extreme circumstances and is intended to prevent the misuse of our servers. Customers may be offered an option whereby x10Hosting continues hosting the website for an additional fee.

If you did not understand what this meant, basically it means that you are using up all of our resources. I host a website as well here, what makes you so special! Sending more than 100 emails per hour is a lot. That takes up bandwidth that we need, right now I am getting many internal server errors and waiting until people quit using up all the bandwidth.

Also X10 has a new rule that if you go over 100 emails an hour, you get auto-suspended. Maybe if you spend a little bit of time to say, "Thank you for the free hosting service." you might of known that.

6. System Backups
Backups are the sole responsibility of the customer. x10Hosting retains and offers backups to the customer but does not guarantee this service from failure. It is recommended all customers keep their own backups.

Why is X10hosting personally responsible for your website. You are not special in anyway shape or form. I always do my own backups on a bi-daily basis. Mostly database backups. "Why do you do that?" Well for starters, in case x10 wants to use #1 TOS.

I hope they do not reply to you. Also take a look at this picture!

Backups
As a service we provide free incremental backups that are able to be restored by the user from their cPanel. As of this writing paid hosting gets 4 different restore points per day with over 40 total to go back to, free hosting files are backed up once per month while databases are backed up daily.

Check that out, boo hoo, I lost all my files. Cry baby. Also check this out!

screenshot6ra.png

Boo hoo, Priority Support for only 5 bucks! Hot dog! Lol have a nice day.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
EXCELLENT post.
It should be placed in the Free Hosting forum and made sticky IMHO.
Seems a lot of problems and complaints are the result of failure to read and obey the TOS.

I think one thing that many users, (especially new users), neglect, is the importance of backups and doing those backups on your own - not expecting the hosting company to take care of it for you. I download full backups of all my servers / websites at the end of each day, sometimes more frequently if I am doing a lot of work or making a lot of changes. Even if the hosting company is doing backups I would not rely on that because things can go wrong at the host, (including full account termination for one reason or another), and the only possible way to restore your website is going to be a recent full backup on your own PC.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
***Thread Moved to Free Hosting***

***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.