Why sites run slowwwwwly now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclutador

Reaction score
Hello there :)

I got a question... since few days, the x10 webs runs too slowly, a SMF page normally use 10 seconds to generate, and before it runs ok... the servers is "overbooking"?? (sorry for my level of english)

Th4nks.

PSP-Heaven

Reaction score
Along with his running of slow, why are .php pages going pretty slow in relation to .html?

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
If the server is running slowly, it's probably because so many people are using it. There are probably countless numbers of account which people use to run poor code. Poor code = poor server performance.

To answer PSP-Heaven's question; PHP code is executed by the server, meaning the server has to process the PHP after the page has been requested. After it's done processing it, it serves up the resulting file.

HTML on the otherhand isn't processed by the server. Your browser asks for it, and the server gives it up and your computer displays it... simple as that. So if a file has PHP and HTML, both the server and your computer are doing work, which equals longer loading times.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
The last day or so the server's load has been hovering around 3-6, which is kind of high. Not really sure what's going on, but I'm sure that's why some sites are loading a tad slow. I'm going to poke around and try to find out what's up now.

PSP-Heaven

Reaction score
Yes, Pheonix, one again, your right. My site is so speedy now, im so happy! :)

ImperialPhoenix

Reaction score
See, this is why X10hosting.com needs a Phoenix.
*burns brightly in fire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.