Why the domain change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf99

Reaction score
Hi,
Without intending to be rude, what are these "unforeseen circumstances" that are causing the domain change away from .x10hosting.com?

Currently everything appears to be working fine with x10hosting.com so, I'm guessing, its probably not a service technicality issue.

I have quite a lot of Google "goodwill" for my current sub-domain, if my websites URL changes then I have to go re-do all of that SEO work again...

As providers of a (good) free service you're obviously entitled to make whatever changes you see fit, but it would be nice if we could possibly be permitted more of an explanation?

Ta :)

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

The biggest reason is we use x10hosting.com as the main domain for our website and forum, which means any subdomains of x10hosting.com are considered a part of our website by search engines and ad services (I.e. Google.). Free hosting has had a lot of abuse - Phishing, malicious content, hosting of illegal content, etc - Which had gotten the domain blacklisted. Naturally, this means x10 lost its ad revenue for free hosting and search engine rankings.

As a result, we no longer provide .x10hosting.com domains for hosting accounts. There are a few other reasons I'm sure, but that's likely the main one.

spacepir

Reaction score
Ah, well this explains why my antivirus blocks some x10 websites... I'd always wondered why.

Status
Not open for further replies.