{ width:95%; min-width:IE SUCKS !important; }

DecemberGuild

Reaction score
The title says it all!
I cannot get any min-width work-arounds to work in IE.

I've tried the nestled DIVs, I've tried the width:expression(..) tags. I even currently have a script running that promises to automatically recognize the min-width tag and properly parse it in IE.
Well, it's not. Not that I don't trust the developers of these ideas. It's that I don't trust Microsoft.

[anger]GET IT RIGHT MICROSOFT! IT'S CALLED CSS, NOT DO WHATEVER YOU WANT AND HOPE IT PARSES ON ALL BROWSERS![/anger]
:mad:

As you can see, I'm more than ready to switch to the, from what I've heard, far superior Firefox. But I can't. Whenever I develop or host a page, I do it on IE, so that I can make sure it works on all browsers.

Well, let's get back to my actual problem. I need something to make IE parse some sort of min-width. I like the idea of a script like the one I have, so that I can still use standard min-width tags and have IE read them.
Any ideas?

My page: [http://www.december.x10hosting.com/forum/]

DecemberGuild

Reaction score
I just have to add: Anyone reading this, for the sake of developers' sanity, both rookies and veterans, switch to FF.
IE doesn't parse ANYTHING right. It doesn't recognize half CSS's stuff. IT adds its own worthless stuff as a way to make up for its mess-ups. I cannot properly display color. It cannot support alpha transparency (even IE 7 has color problems with the alpha). And there are endless other reasons to switch.

Sorry for the sloppy writing, but I'm irritated by Microsoft right now.

t2t2t

Reaction score
WE KNOW IT!
*duh*

And theres edit button to add extra text in case you missed anything...

EDIT: 100. post!

Last edited:

yahia

Reaction score
LOL!! Like t2t2t said, you have certainly forgotten sth about IE !
FIrefox is a good alternative. But if you are really searching for something suitable for a developer, you should come and see right here. Also here if you are free ^^

For the issue, I think making "width:;" instead of "min-width" for IE will work...
Use the *html css trick.