Wierd column shifting on my wordpress blog

ponion

Reaction score
So I was working out my layout I had made to format it for wordpress and when I go under the comments page it shifts my site upward or something along those lines, throwing off my images. It also does weird things with my sidebar I'm not sure how to fix.

I'm sure that some of my error is in that most of my sidebar is actually my pagewrap div, and I couldn't get the sidebar to uncollapse itself.

Overall, it would be nice if I could have some advice/help on working out these bugs (I've been trying to sort them out for a while).

http://www.paranoidonion.com

Last edited:

spadija

Reaction score
Could you show a picture of what the problem is, and if possible, what it's supposed to look like?

One thing that really helps when fixing layout problems is a good DOM inspector. If you use Firefox, install Firebug. In Opera and Chrome, right click on an element and choose "Inspect Element" to bring up their developer tools windows. If Safari has a developer tools window, I'm not sure where to find it. You might also want to try running your pages through the HTML validator at http://validator.w3.org/. You might have an unmatched tag or something which throws everything else off.

I'm not familiar with Firebug or Chrome's developer tools, but in Opera, you'll see the DOM tree listed on the left and all the CSS and layout info on the right. If you pick the layout tab on the right, you can mouse over the different sections of the box model (margin, padding, etc) and it will highlight those areas of the selected element in the page.

justin.scherer14

Reaction score
Well it is definitely a problem with the CSS. It could also be a browser bug. Which browser are you using? If it is Internet Explorer 6 there is a lot of bugs in it. It sounds like it has to be something with your div or class structures. It could also be something with the padding or margins that you are using. If you want to send me your CSS file I would be happy to look at it. :)