Wiki Slow/Unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawntc

Reaction score
My personal wiki at (snipped for privacy) (if this is made a public thread, please remove the URL if possible) has a history of being slow or even unreachable. It's not uncommon for it to be slow to process whenever I go to a page or make an edit. On my Samsung mobile phone running Opera Mini, I get a MediaWiki exception stating it cannot find my IP. As of today, whenever I try to access my wiki I am sent to the URL (snipped; regular URL with ":82" immediately after .com) and given a 404 error.

Thank you for your help. The X10 Hosting support staff has always impressed me with its rapid response.

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

The 404 error is due to an issue on Boru due to the server upgrades and will be fixed in a few hours or so (the admins are currently working on it). Once these issues are resolved, please check your wiki speed again and post back if it is still slow and I may be able to provide a few helpful tips (or head over to mwusers.com, where I also visit and answer questions about that kind of stuff)

shawntc

Reaction score
I think I shall. If the problem persists I may decide to move my wiki to a different host, while keeping the rest of my site here.

shawntc

Reaction score
It is certainly faster now. I'm a little hesitant, though, because this sort of speedup happened once before only to later get slow again.

Status
Not open for further replies.