wikis

Status
Not open for further replies.

l4w2game

Reaction score
I want to make a simple light wiki, without having to look in PHP code for everything or use SSH/things.

i.e. I can't use MediaWiki because it is only possible to use if you know everything of PHP and things. I honestly cannot be bothered right now to do any tutorials of PHP just to run a wiki.

Good suggestions? Something with a decent amount of features of course, like talk pages, categories, search and other basic things (and especially, image tag support for external links).

I don't really want to use wikia or something like that especially as it pertains to my x10hosting site.

chatngox

Reaction score
I don't know how you feeling like Wordpress + Wiki
or
Wiki theme for Wordpress

Wordpress is really powerful and really easy to use. No php required unless you're modifying template files and everting php related can be even done at theme's function.php file

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There's always the original (or, rather, the PHP version of the original), PhpWiki. (I don't like wikis - they're a great way to keep information up to date, but a lousy way to organize it - so I have no idea what features other people would like them to have.)

l4w2game

Reaction score
I don't know how you feeling like Wordpress + Wiki
or
Wiki theme for Wordpress

Wordpress is really powerful and really easy to use. No php required unless you're modifying template files and everting php related can be even done at theme's function.php file
Ah, I didn't know there would be wiki plugins with WP as well, but then again, WP has plugins for everything that could exist :)
How could I turn off the Blog on the site (basically, so it only works as a wiki and nothing else)?

chatngox

Reaction score
Ah, I didn't know there would be wiki plugins with WP as well, but then again, WP has plugins for everything that could exist :)
How could I turn off the Blog on the site (basically, so it only works as a wiki and nothing else)?

You will need to go to reading (have not touched reading/discussion area for ages, mainly pages and posts) i think and have the home page set for something else.

Or just edit it out index.php with wiki php or something

Status
Not open for further replies.