will Microsoft's Zune HD be the next Psp or Iphone?

passivegamer

Reaction score
As you all have heard the new Microsoft's Zune HD plays games ! The question is will it beat the Psp and The Iphone in the gaming scene??

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It might eventually, but not any time soon. The new iTouch 3g has peer gaming. You can connect any 2 or more player game with other players in the same room or around the world. I think that's a massive selling feature for the iTouch. But it's quite likely that as with all things, microsoft will gain the upper hand in popularity eventually. It's just that once again, apple got the head start.

passivegamer

Reaction score
It's true that apple got the start but the zune is a well placed competitor since microsoft's backing it and it got features ( allegedly ) that rivals the iphone

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, as I said, microsoft will probably catch up. But I don't think the current zune hd can beat the ipod yet.

passivegamer

Reaction score
True ! It fails to generate that excitement when the Iphone was released ! ;) But still let's wait and see whose gonna beat who

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Definitely only time will tell for certain, but I think that just from comparing microsoft's and apple's histories, and how their various products have fared over the market, I think it's pretty certain that given another 5 years, the zune will be #1 on the market.

That's just what happens when microsoft gets involved. First apple comes up with a brilliant idea (an OS with a GUI) then microsoft gets involved and carries it away, (windows). Microsoft adds more stuff to it and makes it buggier and cheaper, and then owns the market, not because they have a solid product, but because they have a cheap product. I think a similar thing will happen with the zune.

But that's just my opinion. ;)
As you said, only time will tell for certain.

arcade1

Reaction score
Microsoft has stated that there will not be an SDK for the zune, at least for now. The PSP is getting it's own version of the app store with new mini games.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
For what I know, the Zune HD uses nVidia's Tegra chipset, so it may start to compete with the iPhone and PSP. The nVidia card in there should certainly help it charge through the competition.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it can't outdo the iPhone, as Apple is known for their incredible graphics and user experience, while Microsoft is more centralized on professionalism and productivity.

passivegamer

Reaction score
Also as microsoft stated it's easy to port iphone apps to Zune!
Edit:
But also keep in mind that every attempt at hardware by microsoft was'nt well upto the mark!

Last edited:

stesouthby

Reaction score
as other people said it will over take the iphone and the psp but it will have alot of problems to work out i think another 2 or 3 more phones will come out till they have somthing worth getting :p it looks pretty cool like the microsoft surface but i wonder what the price tag will be for this new phone?

skai123

Reaction score
I don't get why Microsoft doesnt do a blitz advertising for zune, like they did for Halo 3. They had adverts like 4 months before Halo 3 was out... it was everywhere you go... you can't even hide from it o_O; ....