will not go to my index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

kambuja

Reaction score
Hi

I recently installed joomla on my site. But whenever i type the domain, it always go to my default index.html page. I deleted the index.html page but still it go to that page. It only works correctly when I type the whole domain plus index.php. Please help me sort this out.

Thanks

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
It's a web server issue, not a Joomla issue. For Apache, the key is the DirectoryIndex directive. Add:
Code:
DirectoryIndex index.php index.shtml index.html index
to your .htaccess file.

Reaction score
It's a web server issue, not a Joomla issue. For Apache, the key is the DirectoryIndex directive. Add:
Code:
DirectoryIndex index.php index.shtml index.html index
to your .htaccess file.

May not strictly be true, but still not wrong.

In the administration area there is the settings where you can input the default website url - if this was wrong then that would have caused the wrong page to load.

Looks like the user got it working though.

kambuja

Reaction score
I made all the changes suggested but still it showed the welcome to x10hosting page. Strange enough I check the site using my mobile, it works perfectly. Are there any other solutions.

Thanks

wormat22

Reaction score
did you store the joomla files under public_html? as well as deleting the original index.html file?

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
that is an easy mistake to make. You could consider putting a redirect from the page it is taking users to. Use the script:

<p><!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan --><form name="redirect">
<center>
<font face="Arial"><b>You will be redirected to the script in<br><br>
<form>
<input type="text" size="3" name="redirect2">
</form>
seconds</b></font>
</center>

<script>
<!--

var targetURL="http://www.YOURURL.com"
var countdownfrom=5

var currentsecond=document.redirect.redirect2.value=countdownfrom+1
function countredirect(){
if (currentsecond!=1){
currentsecond-=1
document.redirect.redirect2.value=currentsecond
}
else{
window.location=targetURL
return
}
setTimeout("countredirect()",1000)
}

countredirect()
//-->
</script>
<!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan --></p>
</body>
</html></body>
</html>
<font face="Tahoma"></span></a></font>

Add the actual full URL you want to redirect to inside the script. Underneath that, define the amount of seconds delay you want. This uses Javascript. Good luck. :)

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I made all the changes suggested but still it showed the welcome to x10hosting page. Strange enough I check the site using my mobile, it works perfectly. Are there any other solutions.

What's the problematic URL?

Make sure your browser isn't using a cached copy. Either clear the web cache or try a "super refresh" (aka "forced refresh"; generally achieved by holding "shift" or "ctrl" while refreshing). The exact method depends on what browser you are using. A Google search should turn up the exact methods.

Also, check the URL in the address bar. Does it end with "index.html"? If so, the server is using an external rather than internal redirect. This may be a clue as to what exactly is happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.