Will something terrible happen in 2012?

Will calamity strike in 2012?

• Yes, the end is near!

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No, the end is near crowd are nutcases!

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Let's have beer!

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

Sohail

Reaction score
It is us that are causing global warming and only we can stop it, global warming is caused by hundreds of things. You should try watching the inconvenient truth. We have to stop polluting the planet. And even if you don't think it would work, lets at least give it a try for the sake of the future.

vicnet

Reaction score
Hey, read my posts again, I do say we absolutely have to stop polluting. That would be a great thing for the environment. But not about global warming, about destroying biodiversity.

But you do have a point (even if that's not what you meant): whatever we think (us causing global warming or not) we do have to stop overpolluting. But let's not limit that to the emission of CO2, let's also stop dumping chemicals in water, using pesticides and fertilizers that pollute the ground and water, etc...

otherside

Reaction score
All this talk reminds me of Y2K; I was around 10 at that time and I was really excited, as well as obviously worried about safety, because I had always wanted to be in a survival situation (to many survival-horror games I suppose :D). It's weird, this thread is almost nostalgic for me!
-Otherside

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
LOL, I wonder what's wrong with you people discussing about 2012.... I though there was once the news report in 2005 or 2008 something will happen now its already 25 January 2008 and I do not see anything just yet.

Probably ice cap melting due to our human errors who has over used what they have for their own selfish means, other than that probably earthquake. But in 2012 I will not think about it, let's have beer then. Because x10hosting.com will still be alive being the greatest best hosting ground on this planet. Corey will make it, all the crew members will make it. It will get better each day.

Enjoy your time do not think too much.

mattura

Reaction score
Haha bible codes!!!
Do you know where they got the codes from? They take a letter from the text (many variations) every x letters (eg 12), they look at thousands of passages, with several values for x (well they get a computer to look anyway, comparing to dictionary words and abbreviations), forwards or backwards;
then over-interpret the results! Often the strings produced are 6-15 characters long. This is how they 'predicted' Roswell from Genesis:

And hast not suffered me to kiss my sons and my daughteRs? ThOu haSt noW donE fooLishLy in so doing...

That's it. The word 'Roswell', nothing more! With this method you can predict anything!

What a joke!

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
The bible also says that Pi = 3.
It isn't always 100% correct.

dwd2000

Reaction score
What about 1984, Y2K, and all that other stuff???
If it happens, it happens. Just hope it's quick and as painless as possible.

"He who worries about calamities, suffers them twice."

wunten

Reaction score
Yeah I think something nasty is coming. My Mom, who never talks about this kind of stuff, made a comment to me once over lunch, saying that according to the Bible, time will appear to move or pass faster as we approach the end of days. (Something like that, I was distracted by my french fries). Something about that
seemed to make sense to me; as though time is just "flying by". 2012 though, man thats just 4 years away.:eek:hnoes:

chevvok

Reaction score
it is just a date.. look at all the times in the past that people said it would all end? just like the recent "6/6/06" issue. nothing happened or will ever happen. we humans may go extinct someday but the world will remain. if you add up the signs look at mars. there are alot of signs that life existed there but is now gone.

if there is other life out there how will anyone know if they will harm us? anyway, sylvia brown said that aliens will make them selfs known more in 2012 and "give us anti-gravity guns just like they did to help Egypt build those pyramids." so she says...

bakc on subject: there has been recent reports that a astroid may hit earth in 2012 but it will most likely burn out in the atmosphere or it will fly past us. only time can tell when the earth can end and thats exactly true.. a recent article i found says that time may one day stop because it is slowing down right now..

if i find the article i will post it.