Windows 7 Ultimate Blue Screen Every Few Hours

espfutbol98

Reaction score
Hello, I just recently upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate using the upgrade feature but now I keep getting a blue screen every few hours, but mostly when I unlock the desktop. When that happens, I don't have any programs up and not much CPU usage. I don't have the specific crash info right now but next time it crashes, I'll post the data. Here is some info on my system:
Code:
Manufacture: Toshiba
Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Tech. TL-60 2.00 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 2,00 GB (1,87 usable)
System type: 32-bit OS
I'm also having another problem that might be related to the one above. I used to use this laptop and plug it in to my TV with the standard monitor cable (sorry, don't know the name) and it would would show on the TV but before the upgrade, it said a program from ATI (maker of my graphics card) would not be compatible. Now it doesn't work on the TV so I went to ATI's site and downloaded the drivers but they were "incompatible" even though it said Windows 7 32-bit for my graphics card. The card is an ATI Radeon.

Thanks all for the help!

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't have any idea about your second problem but I was also using windows vista ultimate and I never got any blue screen. I only get black screen (screen turns off to save battery) and that's common and natural. I'm not able to imagine that blue screen, can you post a screenshot if possible to take.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
My guess is you may want to end up nuking the install and starting over; I've had zero luck with upgrades in the past, but do wait for the bluescreen to occur again - the error message itself might be helpful enough to figure if a nuke and go will even fix it, or if it's more a hardware issue.

espfutbol98

Reaction score
I don't have any idea about your second problem but I was also using windows vista ultimate and I never got any blue screen. I only get black screen (screen turns off to save battery) and that's common and natural. I'm not able to imagine that blue screen, can you post a screenshot if possible to take.
I meant a BSOD, I've just never used that term before so I said "blue screen".

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Once you get the error again take a pic of it with a camera of some sorts.

bobycv

Reaction score
I very well know that problem while I tested windows 7 on a PC
It may not be in your case but look at it as follows.
If the Windows7 is cracked version of the OS and if it has had ever connected to internet,then the latest update put up this bug in it.After the OS legal key is bought and put,the PC worked like a charm.
But Thoshiba puts a legal version any way.So just put the recovery DVD and just run a repair.If you need help,put a PM and instructions will be sent on how to do a repair.
Dont worry about hardware.But just see that your RAM is just 2 GB ..Put in a 3 GB or more for windows 7.
Another Question :
Do you have linux installed on that PC??
Will help.
Regs,

Last edited:

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
"Check to make sure any new hardware or softwar is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any windows updates yu might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your
computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select
Safe Mode."

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm getting them too, it's fun :D

I only use Windoze in a vm for IE though.

~Callum

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I only use it to test my "GET OUT OF IE" box.

~Callum

espfutbol98

Reaction score
I very well know that problem while I tested windows 7 on a PC
It may not be in your case but look at it as follows.
If the Windows7 is cracked version of the OS and if it has had ever connected to internet,then the latest update put up this bug in it.After the OS legal key is bought and put,the PC worked like a charm.
But Thoshiba puts a legal version any way.So just put the recovery DVD and just run a repair.If you need help,put a PM and instructions will be sent on how to do a repair.
Dont worry about hardware.But just see that your RAM is just 2 GB ..Put in a 3 GB or more for windows 7.
Another Question :
Do you have linux installed on that PC??
Will help.
Regs,

I know 2 GB RAM isn't much but it's kinda hard to install on a laptop and my parents surely have better things to do with money than buy more RAM for my laptop (I'm only 16). I don't have Linux on this computer but I do on my old desktop. This is a whole nother topic but I'm wanting to uninstall it from a Dual Live USB boot from an original XP box. I've been looking it up online but it looks like it's going to be a nightmare. Back to the laptop, I haven't installed any new hardware but like I said earlier, drivers for mi graphics card I think got removed in the upgrade. Also I've been wondering how cracks for OSs work, not that I use them :) something about installing a certificate and that's about all I know.

Also IE has been f**king up and freezing whenever I try to open it.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You guys aren't helping too much...

The next time you get a BSOD (or if you know the time of your last BSOD), go to the Event Viewer (eventvwr) and search the "System" logs for anything "Critical" or "Error" from that time. Post up what it shows. Let's get the BSODs sorted before I figure out what's going on with IE.

Last edited:

espfutbol98

Reaction score
Alright well it's been a while since the last BSOD but here's a screenshot of the Event Viewer. There's over 2.000 errors listed so if there's one in particular to look for let me know. Next time I get a BSOD, it list the errors. Now it's been freezing alot too and IE will show local files but anything on the internet makes it unresponsive, even before the http request is even sent.

Bez_naslova.png

Update: I fixed IE. I used this wonderful thing called Google and it told me to: IE>Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab > Reset Internet Explorer settings

Last edited:

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Hi, if your bsod problem still not resolved try these steps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958233

These were originally written for windows vista but can be applied to windows 7 too because there is not much difference between both operating systems.

Also as other members suggested you should post the cause of BSOD here by viewing the event log and I will suggest you when you start your computer press f8 after the BIOS splash screen this will bring up some advanced options in windows BCD bootloader here find and click on prevent automatic shutdown in case of system failure option, so if BSOD occurs your computer won't be shutdown automatically and you will be able to read and tell us what is written there, so we can troubleshoot the issue.Also, In blue screen note the path to .dmp file and when you boot next time find this .dmp file attach it here.

espfutbol98

Reaction score
Alright I will. It just conviently stops happening once I ask someone for help haha. Is there any way to look at any last crash reports to find the dmp file?

EDIT:

The computer just got another BSOD screen but and I didn't have time to write what it said and when it restarted, this time it didn't give an error report with a link to a file. So I went to the event manager and here are the errors from the time of the crash:

crash_data.png
EDIT:

The computer just crashed again and this time I got a full report with all the files. Here's the .zip with the .dmp file, the .xml, and a screenshot. Since it's on MegaUpload, I encrypted it and the password is as follows:
Code:
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2XH57YJ3
Password: [B]g]/s,r"$)zt-[/B]

Last edited:

suprimoman29

Reaction score
Did you encrypt it with UPX, Themida, Armadilo, or ASPack? :biggrin:

You will spend days trying to get help when a wipe and reinstall might cost you 5 hours.

Easiest way to fix IMHO:

Download updates for Win 7 manually for install later.

Back up with a solution that will allow individual file restoration like DriveImage XML.

Using a Linux LiveCD, wipe using hdparm. 250gb hd will take 88 minutes.

Full Install of Win 7 Ultimate and update with the manual files saved previously.

Back up the new Install.

Now you can connect to the internet.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Hi, I read your dump file using blue screen view software.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Your dump report says problem is caused by a driver named fltmgr.sys.This is a windows operating system file which checks the file-system at the time of booting.
So possible causes of this problem can be corrupt hard disk.
To rectify this problem take these steps:-
Open My Computer(Windows Explorer), then right click on the properties of a drive and find the option to check errors on drive and schedule a disk check.Do this to all drive, especially where windows is installed.

Some people around the internet says this problem is caused by Symantec(Norton) products, if you have one then uninstall it and reinstall it again.

There is one more easy approach to resolve this approach is to use system restore in control panel or at the time of booting press F8 and restart system in Last known good configuration mode.