Windows 7(Vienna)

fierce

Reaction score
It is said that will be unleashed in 2010. .with lot of cool things on it ..One of them is removing the keyboard and the mouse and navigating the system via microphone .

vol7ron

Reaction score
It is said that will be unleashed in 2010. .with lot of cool things on it ..One of them is removing the keyboard and the mouse and navigating the system via microphone .
This already comes with Vista. And you can get apps to do the same thing in XP.

kirtik

Reaction score
I thought it was called Midori...? And the main idea was to increase the usage of cloud computing and thin clients... not to make the os unusable in a noisy room?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I would hate to use anything other than a mouse and keyboard..

Minority report? Bah my arms would get tired

As long as 7 is better than Vista and XP, I'll be more than happy. Obviously Vista was a let down..

fierce

Reaction score
Microsoft is now workin on Windows 7 and cancelled Vista sp2 becoz it sucked..and I pretty much sure that this will be a boom in the IT no matter whether you'll use keyboard & mouse or just audio msgs .

Scott

Reaction score
I have Vista, I love it. I thought I would hate it but, I hate my XP virtual machine, I use for testing now.

Zenax

Reaction score
I don't think that it is time for a new OS yet. Secondly perhaps they should release a patch for vista just to get rid of any last bugs in vista. Lets face it, if they did release a new OS, the majority of computers these days will still be running on XP or Vista, so not releasing a service pack is pretty stupid!

GBH187

Reaction score
Microsoft is now workin on Windows 7 and cancelled Vista sp2 becoz it sucked..

What a load of complete garbage

Why would microsoft cancel Sp2 for vista before it is even released?

They released sp3 for WindowsXP after vista was released.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm hearing that Windows 7 might be coming as soon as June 2009 to OEM installs.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
But think of how awesome it would be. Being able to control your computer with gestures. Sorta like the Wii, but without the remote to hold.

You think that's awesome?

Haha I guess I'm old fashioned for liking buttons, joysticks and mice

I have a feeling that Windows 7 might be anything major if it's going to be released this early.. probably a Vista improvement with a bunch of under the hood changes (hopefully they rebuilt it from the ground up)

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
I thought it was called Midori...? And the main idea was to increase the usage of cloud computing and thin clients... not to make the os unusable in a noisy room?
First, it's an option, not a mandatory thing. I've started using my computer as my TV/Home Theatre. Think about how easy it'll be to be in bed, talk into a cordless microphone and say "TV on", "Play Movie <title>", or "Record Show, then power off." All while never getting up. Then just think about if you had a very sensitive microphone hooked up to it and you control your light housing off it. "Computer, Lights On." Star Trek anyone? The thing about it coming with the OS is that it's got to a point where the voice recognition (VR) software is becoming more perfected, and needs less manual tuning.

I've heard from a MS trainer that Microsoft plans to one day drop their Windows platform and focus on cloud-like computing. Where you do away with the kernel and focus on services. I don't know if Win7 will be the release for that, I think it might the OS that follows Win7, but I do know that Win7 may introduce hypervisors - emulator-like programs, such as VMWare or the ability to run and OS like Linux over top of Windows. Also, there was talks of including Virtual HardDrive support - something I use, especially for mounting/dismounting those iso images.

Microsoft is now workin on Windows 7 and cancelled Vista sp2 becoz it sucked..and I pretty much sure that this will be a boom in the IT no matter whether you'll use keyboard & mouse or just audio msgs .
You should read up on this a little more. Windows 7 was always planned to be the successor of WinXP. It was planned for release I think in 2005, but the Blaster Worm and other like worms/virus in 2003 caused Microsoft to focus on patching XP, which became the more stable service pack 2 (SP2). This postponed Win7, but MS decided to release another OS (Vista). Vista is basically WinXP with some of the planned enhancements that Win7 was going to introduce, which is part of the reason why people don't advise getting Vista if you already have XP.

To make a long story short, Win7 is going to be the official upgrade to WinXP and should fix some of Vistas shortcomings (like security popups, etc).

In my opinion, it's come to the time where there is not much more you can do with the OS that really makes it worth spending a mini-fortune on a new one. The growth curve is approaching it's peak. I've seen several 3rd party OSs that use a 3D desktop, which is pretty interesting -- maybe that is the way of the future.

I'm hearing that Windows 7 might be coming as soon as June 2009 to OEM installs.

There's been mixed announcements on Win7's release date. Obviously, you can plan for it, but you can't always budget time for mistakes, and then again you might finish faster than intended. The original date was for early 2010, but they also announced June 3rd 2009 as a release date.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
i hope that windows 7 has a compatibility with older (2004-2008) computers cuz windows vista really sucked when it came to compatibility with older computers

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Vista is basically WinXP with some of the planned enhancements that Win7 was going to introduce, which is part of the reason why people don't advise getting Vista if you already have XP. To make a long story short, Win7 is going to be the official upgrade to WinXP and should fix some of Vistas shortcomings (like security popups, etc).

So Vista truly is truly the modern day Millenium Edition!

Feel sorry for the users that get it preinstalled.

But my opinion is based on whether your answer is true or not

Zenax

Reaction score
Personally, I think that releasing a new OS so soon is ridiculous. Vista is now the most common thing among computers, above xp etc. Why spend all that time making vista, only to release a new one in a few years.

IMO I say they should focus on vista development such as security packs etc for a while then build a new one.

vol7ron

Reaction score
Personally, I think that releasing a new OS so soon is ridiculous. Vista is now the most common thing among computers, above xp etc. Why spend all that time making vista, only to release a new one in a few years.

IMO I say they should focus on vista development such as security packs etc for a while then build a new one.

Releasing a new OS so soon is a bad idea, especially since they have that mojaveexperiment.com tv ad playing all the time.

I'm not sure if Vista is the most common, that may be true, but I debate it. Computer retailers are still packaging XP with new systems - that's how bad Vista is. When XP came out, it was hard to get a copy of 98/ME on a new machine; when Vista came out (and still) it's not hard to get XP.

Vista is similar to ME, but it has a lot of good features, plus it's 64bit, but can run 32bit programs, and it can act as XP if you have programs specifically designed to the XP framework. Vista isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is, but it'd have a much better hype if it got better results for gaming benchmarks - the true enthusiast market.

fempower

Reaction score
They might drop all the good features that they talk up beforehand, like they did with Vista.

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
but think of the postive side. when nvidia releasd the 9800 gx2 they said that all the games will uses dx10 and if you wanted to 3 way or more u needed vista. dx10 is gonna show exactly why its becoming more better than dx9 and when u use it on aero the whole interface will have a glass effect thats about much better than at first

Last edited: