Windows 8 in 2012?

Gonrah

Reaction score
Microsoft's primary business is operating system, but it is not the only thing they do.Microsoft is a good competitor of Goggle.People says same about yahoo, but yahoo is surviving till now.So I think Microsoft's business can be changed later but it won't die.

Yes, you're right. Microsoft will survive, but not in this kind. They will change the Company policy and they will change their priorities.
At the moment Microsoft is trying to save its empire but soon they will realise that this mission is imposible and they will stop.
IE for example can not be saved.When they will see that?

jerome990

Reaction score
They might, although it'll be the same as their previous OS's too - they'll keep support for W7 around for a decent while, especially since a lot of companies have made the XP Pro to Win7Pro/Ult jump, and won't want to make another OS change for a few years -after- W8 comes out too .

nanno

Reaction score
The OS further advancement is hardly of any more benefit for a standard computer user. It is a fact Microsoft cannot change - and is certainly not a sellling point.

xthatech

Reaction score
they are releasing new os at the very short period of time? i dont think this will work as we can see some company brand of laptop and desktops computers are struggling to update their database for driver support.

gameshell3d71

Reaction score
Progress is a good thing.

Sure, most users (read: the average joe) won't notice the difference unless it's blatantly obvious, but I don't care as long as it has enough under the hood to be a worthy successor to Windows 7.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
they are releasing new os at the very short period of time? i dont think this will work as we can see some company brand of laptop and desktops computers are struggling to update their database for driver support.

I agree it creates problems specifically for hardware support.What I am able to do with my analog pci tv tuner and bluetooth device in windows xp, I can't do in windows vista or 7.Primary reason for unpopularity of windows vista was the hardware support and additional hardware requirement.

Another interesting point is that release cycle of windows is less than ubuntu which has release cycle of 6 months, although they release a long term support version every 3 years.