Windows 8 To Stop Activation Hacks

Darkmere

Reaction score
if only MS would price their products like apple.. seems like apple is allowing multiple installs of macos within a family if you buy it once at US29.xx ... but then again... apple is more of a hardware company than a software company..

Apple is outrageously expensive as well so that would be a good trade off.

company4

Reaction score
Do you guys think that the popularity of Windows is somewhat influenced by the hacking community in that there are so many people actively working on bypassing the activation so that they can use Windows , which in itself is a pretty good OS. The only problem I the price :mad: but with the amount of research that goes into making Windows and supporting it I think the price is justifiable. :biggrin:

Moreover, hackers keep Microsoft on their toes thus pushing them to come up with better security for their softwares which spill onto to the consumer who is benefits from a more hardened OS.

pascualassociates14

Reaction score
Yeah, just keep the OS cheap and get rid of the activation. In our workplace, our Windows7Pro+MSOfficePro2010 license is way more expensive than the computer hardware itself (VERY EXPENSIVE!).

Reaction score
Activation hacking wouldnt be such a big issue if Windows wasnt so damn expensive imho...

I completely agree with you. Its soecially in countries like mine, Nepal where people earn very little. So mostly even in corporate sector use Pirated OS pirated Office imported from countries like Pakistan, India that cost less than half than 1$ or downloading from file hosting sites.

We don't like to use pirated softwares but what to do the price are so high we couldn't even think to buy original. and the Major issue is we can't use Paypal in Nepal and its even hard to get an internationally valid Credit Card. Its not easy buying online.

Last edited:

ivan.dreamer14

Reaction score
Who will win?

A hand full of MS programmers?
Or a world full of Hackers!?

It's like a a competition between a bull and a pit-bull dog,
Microsoft being the big strong bull. Pit-bulls kill bulls.