Windows Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsfdan

Reaction score
I am using the Windows Mail client in Windows Vista. I got it so my email hosted on x10 can send mail to other emails. But when other emails (hotmail) try to send email to my domain email hosted on x10... my Windows Mail will not update with new emails...

Help

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Are there any error messages when you try to sync the account? Are you using IMAP or POP3?

jsfdan

Reaction score
I am using POP3. There seems to be no error messages. Its just that I can't receive mail through the client.

I never got a email explaining my details from x10Hosting either. :\

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Hm. Did you use the configuration information from cpanel?

tbarb

Reaction score
if you can send, not recieve, then your SMTP info is wrong. Just set up email account and take down the info it gives you for setting up outlook, etc. (above post)

jsfdan

Reaction score
Ok, I found out the reason was that on the user/pass fields. I kept putting in my cPanel username.. then I put dan@haloshorts.com and mail.haloshorts.com for SMTP and POP3 incomign servers and viola , I can receive! This is using Windows Mail on Windows Vista.

Now, on my laptop, using Windows XP. It has Outlook Express already installed. So I enter the same exact information. BUT, same problem again...
I can send but I do not receive messages.

Alright my Windows MAil on my desktop and Outlook Express on my laptop have the SAME layout. So pretend this is outlook express but with a graphic change (vista)

2qi4ggg.png

Those are the exact details I have in Outlook Express on my Laptop. The password is the email password. But I have the same thing for cpanel and webemail. So, yeah. :\ Remember, on Outlook Express I can send but not receive.

PS - Oh and don't try to guess my password. even though its short.. it's actually a combination of letters and numbers ;-)

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
oops, I have no idea how that got there!

Last edited:

jsfdan

Reaction score
OK, I put the user as dan@haloshorts.com on Outlook Express. See, I got it working. But it STILL doesn't receive emails automatically... And if I want to get emails sent to dan@haloshorts.com, I need to press Send/Recv button. And I want it to be received automatically cause pressing the button will become annoying.

:\
Help.

The settings are the same.

EDIT: OK, I found out after I close Outlook Express and open it back up again, the new emails appear. But still, I want my new emails to open with me pressing Send/Recv button or restarting the application. Is this possible?

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
it should automatically check every so often. I think 10 minutes is default. Sending should be immediate though. There's probably some setting in the options to change this, but I would think outgoing mail would go instantly by default.

jsfdan

Reaction score
Oh, I had the check for new messages every 30 minutes. THATS WHY. I changed it to 1 minute now. :p

Thank you, all is well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.