Windows or Linux?

What's your favourite?

• Total voters

zurfyx31

Reaction score
If you want your programmes to be used in other PC it has to be an .exe
Most normal people only use windows and probably they don't know what linux is.

wongers

Reaction score
so far the conensus seems to be that Linux is the superior operating system (in 1 distro or another), unfortunately, there are just some things that require Windows (Gaming/Coding etc).

So really, the option of a dual boot should have been on the poll, but then again would that also mean you should have an option to select Linux with Windows on a Virtual Machine?

Gindolaras

Reaction score
Windows + but linux is also good but yea none so great and has add free options like in windows!

supanut200042

Reaction score
I prefer Windows. Many programs run on it.
Also many things like installing/uninstalling a program is possible in the graphical user interface with a few clicks.
With Linux, you have to unpack the file and do some commandline stuffs to get the program working.
The most iCandy, beautiful and has most features is and will be of course Mac OSX.

hivkorn23

Reaction score
Linux, I only use windows for games and some software that is not available in linux (also some drivers too). Windows is slow but it has a lot of software, Linux is fast and free but it does not have the same stable applications as windows.

Darkmere

Reaction score
If you want best usability choose Windows, but if you don't want virus choose Linux :)

LINUX still gets Viruses, just not many. The reason is because people that make viruses want to target the most popular OS and Virus scanner. Like Mobile devices running UNIX are starting to get Viruses targeted to them due to Popularity.

rolandr

Reaction score
I like windows qus linux doesnt have microsoft Office
True, at my work, I used to write VBA scripts with MS Office Applications ...

... but have you ever checked out Office Org? It has programming scripts to work with too!

I kind of grew up on UNIX so it's fitting for me to prefer LINUX. I also like Linux's free Apps not those 30 day Trial basis Apps (Windows).

locogeek94

Reaction score
I like Linux, more secure, easier to use, faster, FREE.
But unfortunately I use Windows, because it has the software I need to do my job.

superspidey1944

Reaction score
Despite of better security linux don't have enough softwares. and some softwares are very large like i once tried to download bit torrent client it was of about 50-60 MB and also windows is a user friendly OS so no tough work required.