Windows Vista SP2 released!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey guys my Vista box just received an update for SP2. It was roughly a 350MB download. Despite the size though, I don't notice a thing changed in Vista but I do know they added some more support for things.

kaiweilim

Reaction score
I did not see any update yet. I manual check the update don't have.

Regards.

Edit*

I saw. It appear in optional but stated important.

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I am downloading it now, I hope it make Vista bit bit more stable than it already is, or at least make 32 bit application more compatible with 64 bit.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
stick to 7 for get Vista.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Use Vista until 7 comes out. :biggrin:

Forget XP, it's obsolete.

Anyway, I've now installed SP2 on my Vista Business PC and it seems just the same as before (although it was slow to begin with - 768MB RAM on a P4 :p).

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
although it was slow to begin with - 768MB RAM on a P4 :p).
argh, that's worse than the first pc I ran vista on. And I've got something much faster now, and believe me, it's still slow.

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
Lol.
I think I'll keep Windows 7... Even though a new computer I just got has Vista on it, I'm gonna install 7 :)

Hauzer

Reaction score
I prefer Windows 7 over Vista, but I also do like Vista. I'm going to purchase Vista soon and not going to download Windows 7 since it's still in Beta/Release Client.

I may go on to purchase it after it's released, that's only a maybe. It costs a high amount of money, even Vista. It rips you off. I'm going to buy a new Vista Home Premium 64bit at discount price of £80 (GBP) and that's still quite a lot of money just for a software.

kaiweilim

Reaction score
I realise for 64 bits vista, the service pack 2 is 600MB+. I like 64 bits vista but not 32 bits. 64 bits is much better than the 32 bits one. Can see it from it's performance.

Yes, Windows 7 is great. I love it too. I am using it's RC in my dual boot. But i am going to get it when i came out in oct.:)