Windows XP (Home) EULA in Plain English

ƒorte

Reaction score
hmph.. that's bad.

You agree that at any time, and at the request of “content providers” Microsoft may disable certain features on your computer, such as the ability to play your music or movie files.

You agree that Microsoft can automatically and without your consent put new software on your computer.
(Yay, Viruses!)

Microsoft may collect information about your computer and may share it with other companies, but this may not include personal information about you.

Microsoft may cancel any service that they provide to you at any time and for any reason.

Software developers cannot attempt to figure out how Windows XP Home works for any reason.

Microsoft will not be liable for any damages caused by viruses, even if those viruses are the result of security problems in Windows XP Home.

and one of my favorites:
Microsoft is further not liable for failing to use “good faith,” “reasonable care” or for negligence.

Microsoft is not liable even if they break the terms of this agreement.

lol

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
If I`m not mistaken you also don`t buy Windows at all. you agree to use it through the eula

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Hmmm... I didn't like reading that. :( I liked it better when I was ignorant of the fact that Microsoft was screwing me. Now that I know what it says, I don't agree to it, but I do because I have Windows XP installed on my computer. :(

I wonder if you could take the EULA out of an installation and therefore not have to agree with it.... Might be nice.