Windows XP SP3 RC1 Publicly Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Reaction score
Not much new stuff in there if you already have been installing all previous updates
It is also said that MS will stop supporting XP in about 6 mths time and only focus on Vista

Windows XP SP3 includes all previously released Windows XP updates, including security updates and hotfixes, and select out-of-band releases. For example, the service pack includes functionality previously released as updates, such as the Microsoft® Management Console (MMC) 3.0 and the Microsoft Core XML Services 6.0 (MSXML6).
Microsoft is not adding significant functionality from newer versions of Windows, such as Windows Vista, to Windows XP through XP SP3. For instance, Windows XP SP3 does not include Windows Internet Explorer 7, although Windows XP SP3 does include updates to both Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7, and it will update whichever version is installed on the computer. One notable exception is that, SP3 does include Network Access Protection (NAP) to help organizations that use Windows XP to take advantage of new features in the Windows Server® 2008 operating system.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
When SP3 is finished, there will be a noticeably performance improvement; this is an unfinished release candidate version. Support for XP will be dropped, but who cares? As long as what I'm using isn't Vista I'm satisfied!

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I agree with Spartan Erik. As long as XP keeps working, I'll stay with it. Anything to stop switching to Vista.

Xemnas

Reaction score
350mb . . . guess I won't be downloading it anytime soon, lol. But is it just me, or are they cutting XP support early?

Lancer

Reaction score
Meh. I'm using Vista Ultimate 32 bit atm. No issues with gaming or any of the work I need done. My only problem is with the current nVidia drivers.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I believe you are right; it is being cut early, from what I heard anyway.
350mb . . . guess I won't be downloading it anytime soon, lol. But is it just me, or are they cutting XP support early?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Be careful installing that service pack. It did something wacky to my computer, I had to do a restore and now, probably spend most of tomorrow formatting and reinstalling everything on my computer.

Whatever it is, its not ready for XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.