Wireless Connects but no Internet?

focus

Reaction score
I've got a Acer Travel/Mate 370 and im trying to make it connect to the network/internet via wireless. It says it is connected to the Wireless with a good signal but I dont have internet or can i see the other computers on the network.

I also tried via a cable and it worked fine. I can also confirm that none of the firewalls are turned on and that i have downloaded the latest wireless driver from the acer website.

I can connect to route via my mobile phone using wifi and use internet.

Any Idea's?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Is your computer receiving an IP address from the router? Open up command prompt on your PC (type in cmd into Start menu search or into Run) and enter in ipconfig. Tell me which IP address it is showing. This IP address should be a local IP address that is not your public Internet IP address, and it should not be a 169.***.***.*** address.

focus

Reaction score
IP Address: 192.168.0.34
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.0.1

^
I've set those manually.

If i set obtain IP automatically the laptop doesnt connect at all.

slacker_

Reaction score
What are your IP settings when you are connecting via cable? Have you turned wireless encryption on/off and used the right password? Try to reset your accesspoint, if all else fails.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If those settings work just fine when plugged into Ethernet, I would check to make sure your encryption settings on your laptop match those of your wireless network. If those are wrong or there is something bugged up somewhere, you may be able to associate with the AP but you won't be able to transfer data.

focus

Reaction score
I have tried all of the above.
Any other idea's or do you think the wireless is stuffed somehow?

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

Thanks everyone i managed to get it working.
I just installed another wireless driver (not from acer website) and it worked... dam acer!!!!

dibb3386

Reaction score
Is it your router? Check to make sure its not timing out. My router disconnects after a certain amount of time of inactivity. You can sort it out in your router settings. Also mine still turns off sometimes because of my faulty phone line (you can tell because the data center light dones not light up). So ring you phone company and ask them to test your lines. They should do it for free and even fix(if thats the problem) for free.

Wired stay connected with mine all the time my PC is turned on. But like i said check the front lights if they are all on then its not the same problems ive been having.