Wireless USB

Richard

Reaction score
Bluetooth is a thing of the past...
www.usb.org said:
With more than 2 billion legacy wired USB connections in the world today, USB is the de facto standard in the personal computing industry. Soon, these same, fast, interoperable connections will become available in the wireless world, with the introduction of Certified Wireless USB from the USB-IF. Certified Wireless USB is the new wireless extension to USB that combines the speed and security of wired technology with the ease-of-use of wireless technology. Wireless connectivity has enabled a mobile lifestyle filled with conveniences for mobile computing users. Certified Wireless USB will support robust high-speed wireless connectivity by utilizing the common WiMedia MB-OFDM Ultra-wideband (UWB) radio platform as developed by the WiMedia Alliance.
http://www.usb.org/developers/wusb/

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Wow, wireless USB. That will be pretty nice. I don't have the time to read that article now, but is it actually 'being developed" now? Or is it "on the market" already? There will be/is already a lot of possible things that it could be used for.

Maurice

Reaction score
I still think that using cables is faster when these things come out for the first few months.

Last edited:

Burak

Reaction score
ademonicbaby : I agree with you now. As always, probably it will be slower than cables for first few months, after a advancing period, it will better than cables. At least i hope, 'cuz Wireless USB sounds great...

mingqi53

Reaction score
Hm.. are there any pictures? This technology would be great.. but wouldn't data loss be a problem? I'm still sticking with being wired.

_Xero_

Reaction score
Maurice said:
I still think that using cables is faster when these things come out for the first few months.

That is most likely to be true. I agree.