Wordpress Blog posts and suspensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonthecat

Reaction score
I previously had this same problem at this thread.
http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/133635-high-system-resource-suspension.html

It seems that the Wednesday after I post a blog post on Monday through wordpress my account gets suspended. Not to long ago before this all started I remember doing a wordpress update. Is it possible that the newest version of wordpress does something two days after each blog post that uses lots of system resources? Any ideas? I really don't want to keep getting suspended.

Thanks for your help

simonthecat

Reaction score
Ok, so this morning I unsuspended myself and saw that wordpress has an update. So, I logged into cpanel and tried making a tar.gz file of the contents of my public_html dir for a back up before the update. It does not seem to be making the tar very fast and is just sitting there. I check back at my account information and I am suspended again. :-( Did making that compressed file really use enough resources to suspend me? I have done it before without any problems.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Wordpress uses a lot of resources. What plugins do you have installed?

~Callum

simonthecat

Reaction score
After this latest suspension I when through and deactivate all of my plug-ins, but these:
Advertising Manager
Akismet
Conditional CAPTCHA for Wordpress
FD Feedburner Plugin
Google XML Sitemaps
offical StatCounter Plugin

I remember that X10 used to have a policy that allows only so many suspensions then they remove you account. I am afraid to re-activate my account, because I have no idea what is causing this. Is that policy still in place? I want to activate it and try adjusting what plug-ins I have some more and try and get something figured out, but I am afraid of losing my account.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Nah we don't remove your account :)

Google XML Sitemaps - that uses a lot of resources, I would recommend removing it.

~Callum

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
That and extracting and creating zips, etc usually polls a lot of CPU in short periods of time, so if you are close to using the resources this will set it off that causes you to be suspended.

And it's not that we remove your account, we will have to start manually unsuspending your accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.