Wordpress - Fatal Error: Allowed Memory Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a usual error when it comes to Wordpress and a PHP.ini file configured to only allocate a certain amount of memory (usually 32M), I'd fix the error myself and save you guys the support ticket if I had access to PHP.ini but considering it's shared hosting, I doubt that would happen.

I'd appreciate if you could resolve the following error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes) in /home/aquarian/public_html/giah.org.mx/beta/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-functions.php on line 154

I'm guessing you folks can do a memory dump or increase the PHP.ini memory limit to resolve this issue :smile:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It's already at 64mb; whatever it's trying to do is using double what the default for php actually is. To be honest, this sounds like a case of "Way too many plugins installed;" how many did you install?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's already at 64mb; whatever it's trying to do is using double what the default for php actually is. To be honest, this sounds like a case of "Way too many plugins installed;" how many did you install?
Not many and I uninstall plugins that I figure out different solutions for, so I've tried to keep it minimal. Kinda hard to tell you how many I exactly have installed, when thats on the WP back-end. Oh and I've been installing plugins gradually (over several days), hasn't been all at once.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
They should have the folder names still intact in the wp-content/plugins folder; one option for that as well is to cut/paste them to a backup folder inside wp-content so it can't load the plugin; it'll put up a warning about a plugin failing to start, but it'll also not try to load it and save the memory.

Reaction score
Stripped all plugins and same error.

I need PHP.ini configuration capabilities. Is this possible with my hosting plan?

If NO can I get this with PREMIUM hosting??

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Far as I know you still can't modify it directly on premium, although setting directives via .htaccess might be possible. What I'm lost on though is how it's trying to use 64MB without plugins; something's mega messed up if Wordpress is trying to use 64MB on its own.

Where is wordpress installed on your account? Cause the install I -did- find is not having problems with memory, but with a 30 second maximum execution time being hit.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
If you are getting that error with no plugins enabled, something is seriously wrong with your WordPress installation.

Edit: If you are getting that same error, you have not disabled all your plugins. Buddypress is you culprit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.