WordPress - Fatal error: Out of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

m001d

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm setting up a new wordpress site and its not anything fancy... just some text and images. When I'm setting it up from the admin side I'm getting fatal out of memory errors. I'm also seeing this on the non-admin site too:

FATAL ERROR: OUT OF MEMORY (ALLOCATED 21495808) (TRIED TO ALLOCATE 65552 BYTES) IN/HOME/[username]/PUBLIC_HTML/WP-INCLUDES/FORMATTING.PHP ON LINE1227

Is the server I'm on possibly having issues (I checked the x10hosting status page) or can this be resolved?

I'm on the latest WP 3.8.1

bradleyx

Reaction score
could be a possibility of issues, the theme you're using is outdated which means needs to be updated to the newest version, you have a outdated plugin, or the file you are trying to upload is over the max size allowed for upload.

can you give a list of theme(s) and plugin(s) you are using and maybe the size of the file(s) you are uploading.

some themes, plugins are what causes issues. learnt that the hardway.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
could be a possibility of issues, the theme you're using is outdated which means needs to be updated to the newest version, you have a outdated plugin, or the file you are trying to upload is over the max size allowed for upload.

can you give a list of theme(s) and plugin(s) you are using and maybe the size of the file(s) you are uploading.

some themes, plugins are what causes issues. learnt that the hardway.

Sorry, wrong in this case.

(ALLOCATED 21495808) (TRIED TO ALLOCATE 65552 BYTES)

Total memory would have been under 22M, which should be well under the limit for free hosting. Perhaps the settings on his server have been mis-set.

@ m001d -- it would help if you posted from the Forum account that is linked to the Free Account in question. The system does not show any Free Hosting account associated with your Forum Account.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
IMO it is not the server setup for "PHP memory limit" - from a PHP test script...

This script is on x10hosting's server ==> Vox <==
PHP server date and time is ==> Tue Feb 18,2014 15:00:30 CST America/Chicago <==
"PHP memory limit" is ==>64M<==

bridalha

Reaction score
WP is up to date and so is the theme and all plugins. The only other plugin, other than the default, is: Enhanced Media Library
It only happens once I upload one or more images to a gallery from WP. And then after some time this fatal error also shows on the site.
The funny thing is although it throws that error about it unable to upload, it does actually upload, and sometimes there are dupes of the same image.

bridalha

Reaction score
Thanks bdistler. I will install that plugin and try it out until the core issue is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.