Wordpress Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipak84

Reaction score
Can I install wordpress in X10hosting ?

Ii possible please someone tell me the easy procedure ..

vineethmhn

Reaction score
Of course, you can. It is a simple procedure.

1. In your CPanel, open Softaculous from Software/Services section
2. Select WordPress from the left panel. It is listed under Blogs
3. Choose install
4. Fill in the required fields
5. Click install button

You're done !

gomarc

Reaction score
Softaculous needs to be selected within your cPanel options:

a4aqm0.jpg

When you select a script from the left menu of Softaculous, it takes you to the Overview tab by default.

If you want to actually install it, select the first tab in the upper menu.

20rw6k6.jpg

After you complete the form with all the necessary information, click on the gray Install button at the end of the form.

akshay94

Reaction score
Buddy, there are no tabs on the page I see.
I navigate to the Softaculous page from the cPanel and to the wordpress page it shows this. No overview, install tabs etc.

gomarc

Reaction score
Buddy, there are no tabs on the page I see.
I navigate to the Softaculous page from the cPanel and to the wordpress page it shows this. No overview, install tabs etc.

Hi akshay94,

Based on your previous post, can you confirm the URL you see when you get to that page?

It should be something like

http:// [ your server name ] .x10hosting.com:2082/frontend/x3/softaculous/...

On the other hand, if it starts with
http://www.softaculous.com/... you are in the wrong place.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
why don't you install it manually it you can't find it on softaculous

petronia

Reaction score
Yes. I have that problem too.Then I noticed something. I have 2 sites on x10. one has a free .co.cc domain name and the other is on the subdomain. On my subdomain I HAVE tons more scripts available.

My sites are on TWO DIFFERENT clusters of the server (to check which cluster you are on, look at your x10 ACCOUNT PANEL not your cpanel). My subdomain is on STOLI cluster and my domain is on ABSOLUT. The logins for each of these looks different. Screen caps follow:

Stoli login follows below

stolilogin.jpg

Apsolut login follows below

apsolute.jpg

now, here's the interesting part. As far as I can tell, Softaculous only list AVAILABLE scripts in the screen you first see when you log on.

Clicking on the square thing DOESN'T open up a list of available scripts (even though it appears so) if you hover over the square thing, you'll see - it in fact takes you to THE SOFTACULOUS SITE This of course is just a database of reviews (which is why you can't find the install button.)

So all that aside. Let's compare the installed scripts for my sites then? first my subdomain site (hosted on Stoli) image follows below

stoliscripts.jpg

Now my co.cc site (hosted on Absolut) Imge follows below.

apsolutescripts.jpg

As you see. FAR less available scripts!

So now, I'm left wondering -

1. Do hosted domains get less scripts? -or-
2. Does the amount of scripts you get vary dependant on your cluster? -AND-
3. Why aren't we all getting the same scripts?

Can someone explain this and rectify it, please?

phazzedout

Reaction score
Wow, no offence, but your guy's lazyness is a tad bit pathetic. I will show you guys how to add it no problem. Now let's begin shall we.

First of all I hope you guys know how to create a MySQL database, with the user name and privileges. If you don't lurk around here there should be another tutorial on how to create one.

Here are the steps directly from their website and their .zip folder which you must download from here, http://wordpress.org/download/

Installation: Famous 5-minute install

1. Unzip the package in an empty directory.

2. Open up wp-config-sample.php with a text editor like WordPad or similar and fill in your database connection details.

3. Save the file as wp-config.php

4. Upload everything.

5. Open /wp-admin/install.php in your browser. This should setup the tables needed for your blog. If there is an error, double check your wp-config.php file, and try again. If it fails again, please go to the support forums with as much data as you can gather.

6. Note the password given to you.

7. The install script should then send you to the login page. Sign in with the username admin and the password generated during the installation. You can then click on 'Profile' to change the password.

This is what I had to install it and it wasn't that hard. If you follow it then your site should work.

If any of you would like me to explain it more then I will tell you what links to change and what to do with pictures. :happysad:

petronia

Reaction score
Can I just ask who you where saying was lazy, us or X10 staff?

Far from being lazy, I was merely pointing out discrepancies. I already installed Wordpress myself. My point was, Wordpress should be available as part of softaculous suite as standard. Regardless which server people are on! Why should they be different? Again, if I misunderstood you then I apologise. If not, then why call x10 users who expect ALL the same scripts as other users 'lazy and pathetic'?

Last edited:

phazzedout

Reaction score
Can I just ask who you where saying was lazy, us or X10 staff?

Far from being lazy, I was merely pointing out discrepancies. I already installed Wordpress myself. My point was, Wordpress should be available as part of softaculous suite as standard. Regardless which server people are on! Why should they be different? Again, if I misunderstood you then I apologise. If not, then why call x10 users who expect ALL the same scripts as other users 'lazy and pathetic'?

I actually have not heard of softculous until I came here. Well I say your point. Another man on this post seems to pointed out that he can not find it on softculous so all hope of installing Wordpress is gone. Even a script-kiddie can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.