wordpress page update results in 404 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

talytica

Reaction score
I've recently begun to run into a problem when updating some of the wordpress pages on our website. We use pagebuilder (by siteorigin), and normally, it works just fine, but we're frequently seeing "404" errors when we try to update or preview a page.

We did some research, and saw that this could be fixed by editing the .htaccess file, or from new plug-ins, but haven't found a solution that works.

In other posts, I've read that this could be false positives caused by ModSecurity rules put in place by x10. Users suggested that we could request support from the hosting provider.

Can anyone help with this problem?

stormygr

Reaction score
Same problem is happening with my Wordpress site. Seems like a server issue. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

talytica

Reaction score
I'm still hoping somebody notices this post and helps me out with a solution, but here's some more diagnosis:

i have several pages that i can update and save & don't get a 404 when i click publish or preview.

However, I've noticed that I've i've got a <form> tag in my page, i get the 404 when i update it. I also saw that if i had the something like 'action="/wp-admin/post.php"' it would error out too. I get how maybe the ModSecurity config is meant to block stuff like that.

I've done my best to work around those things, but i'm also seeing errors on other things that seem totally innocuous. can anyone tell me what the rules are, or how i can update them or at least temporarily suspend them?

Stud

Reaction score
I have experienced the same issue. My experience with the issue has happened when trying to add an "On click action" or a "Hover effect" to something (such as Zoom, Open a link, prettyPhoto, ect.). Very frustrating at times would love to know a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.