wordpress plug-in installation hangs on Unpacking Package...

Status
Not open for further replies.

woayumi71

Reaction score
wordpress plug-in installation downloads a file, but then hangs on Unpacking Package and never continue.
What should I do?

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

I need this to work automaticly, because the same problem is with sitemap generator and caching plug-in. These things should be working for sure. It creates 0bytes archives with .tmp and .gz att end and that's it.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Try manually uploading and installing the plugins instead.

woayumi71

Reaction score
I need this to work automaticly, because the same problem is with sitemap generator and caching plug-in. It creates 0bytes archives with .tmp and .gz att end and that's it.
Why is this happening and what to do?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Could you explain a little more about why it has to be automatic? Manual installation should work just fine and faster since automatic installation isn't working for you.

woayumi71

Reaction score
It's not only about installation of some plug-in. It is about generating xml sitemaps and also caching php pages. Scripts do create empty files - 0 bytes, sitemap.xml=0bytes for example and the reason is that services cannot complete operation. some people say, that it is because of php memory limit, or something. I could create a test admin account for you, so you could see it by yourself. Could you spare some time?
It would be nice, if you would increase php memory limit from 32 to 64 mb for me just for testing purposes, so I would make myself sure, that this is the problem.

---------- Post added 09-25-2011 at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-24-2011 at 02:56 PM ----------

up.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

Server configurations such as memory limits are set server-wide and cannot be changed on a per-account basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.