Wordpress problem !!!

mika_hakkinen10159

Reaction score
Hi !!!
The last few days my website which is hosted on Stoli was inaccessible and now when is back online I noticed that my wordpress blog is showing me this message Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 25165824) (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/iceman/public_html/wordpress/wp-includes/class-simplepie.php on line 3892
Here is a link : http://bulgariansimworld.x10.mx/wordpress/category/news

Any ideas of what should I do ?
:frown:

Thanks in advance !!!

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
They are working on the servers and that often means that the PHP memory limit is temporarily set down to 32M, which causes your problem. When they are done working on the servers, they should reset the limit to 64M which will eliminate your above problem.

There is no ETA as to when the work will be completed.

mika_hakkinen10159

Reaction score
They are working on the servers and that often means that the PHP memory limit is temporarily set down to 32M, which causes your problem. When they are done working on the servers, they should reset the limit to 64M which will eliminate your above problem.

Thanks !!! :)

eaferrari24

Reaction score
I have the same error and I am on the same server... however yours seems to be fixed and mine is still giving me the same error :(

did you end up doing something or did it just fix itself as mentioned above?

Its been throwing this error for the past 24 hours (prior to that the server was dead)

mika_hakkinen10159

Reaction score
I have the same error and I am on the same server... however yours seems to be fixed and mine is still giving me the same error :(

Its been throwing this error for the past 24 hours (prior to that the server was dead)

It is still not fixed. But I'm happy that I didn't caused the ERROR.

kjade

Reaction score

So you mean our ability to log in and update is being compromised cause of a cache problem?? Le sigh.I'm frustrated because I haven't been able to access my site for a couple of days now and I'm trying to make money with it. I may have to move to another host if they cant get this allocation right. I've also had the issue where the site wont load when I enter the address and not the login url. I cant have that happen at random when I refer clients to my site. No bueno, x10.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm frustrated because I haven't been able to access my site for a couple of days now and I'm trying to make money with it.

Honestly, if you're trying to make money, it makes a whole lot more sense from every perspective to use a paid hosting service. The one thing you don't get (and can't get) in a free hosting arrangement is a service level agreement of any sort—that is, there is no guarantee of uptime, or even that your service will exist tomorrow (even if the company providing the service is healthy and well). You may agree to a whole bunch of terms and conditions, but there is no contract of any sort between you and the service provider. The thing that's missing from the equation is consideration on your part.

I have no horse in this race, so this isn't a matter of shilling for x10's Premium or VPS services; it's just a reality of the business world. As long as you are paying for service, even if that's only a dollar a year, you have a reasonable legal expectation of the service based on uptime guarantees (or even publicly-stated claims). When the service is free, you have nothing. No consideration, no contract.

x10 happens to offer a very reasonably-priced paid service with a three-nines uptime (<45 minutes maximum downtime per month) SLA guarantee*, but there are others out there as well if you want to shop around. Whatever you choose, if you want any sort of service level guarantee, you have to pay for it. And if you want to make money from a web site, you pretty much need to be able to guarantee to your users that it's going to be there when they want it.

* $3.95/mo if you pay for three years up-front; that comes to $142.20, which is not a huge investment, but you can also get month-to-month or year-to-year service that costs more in total but has lower initial outlay if your cash reserves can't handle the three-year investment.

cydro

Reaction score

If you buy prime, the memory limits will be doubled and you'll be able to access your site. Its pretty cheap and it worked for me ;)

jensen

Reaction score
Another way around the problem is to reduce your WordPress plug-ins as they "eat up memory like crazy".

rajdeep01

Banned
Reaction score
Earlier we saw the fix for WordPress Error – Headers Already Sent Warning Problem and also WP Super Cache Content Encoding Error. Now we are going to discuss about the common problems and solutions in the much awaited WordPress release, WordPress 3.0, which released last week and reached maximum of downloads. WP 3.0 had several fixes and new features, but unfortunately some of the themes were not compatible with WordPress 3.0 and famous Thesis was one amongst them I believe.