Wordpress resources suspension tips

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
Ok heres some information to help those of you who use wordpress.
1. Use as few plugins as possable as these are big cpu hogs
2. Don't use cache plugins period. These may make your site faster to you but they make the server create your site all at once and then store it which takes a lot of cpu.
3. Try to keep the multimedia to a minimum. If you need to stream music or video go paid and save the cpu on the free servers for basic sites.
4. If you can dont refresh very often and dont go through page after page very quckly.
5. If your problems persist first look for help on the net and here at the forums and then create a thread and we would be happy to assist you.
6. Don't worry your account will not be terminated after three suspensions you will just have to create a support thread and have an admin help you to fix the problem.

Hope this helps,
Wiivsps3

lucasxiihk96

Reaction score
Tnx!!!

Tnx you so much! :biggrin: Today I received my first suspension, and I was very nervous, thinking I would lose my account, but this calms me. I think the "autoptimize" plug-in was the problem in my personal case. Besides I have my personal DNS (www.redpilladdict.com.ar) and I don't wanna loose this wonderful hosting service.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Generally good advice, except for point 2. Caching works by trading CPU time for space, which means they'll have a positive impact on CPU usage. Increasing total CPU activity goes counter to the point of caching. Caching plugins will only create cached pages as they are requested. For evidence of the benefits of caching, see Behold WordPress, Destroyer of CPUs.

Last edited: