Wordpress suddently broken Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'WP_REST_Controller' not found in

newspac5

Reaction score
Hello,

Im reporting this because I do not know if you could provide me some support about what has happened with my wordpress installation at newspaceco.com domain.

Today, without touching anything, I see that my worpress page reports fatal error with the following message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'WP_REST_Controller' not found in /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-posts-controller.php:17 Stack trace: #0 /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/wp-settings.php(263): require() #1 /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/wp-config.php(90): require_once('/home/newspac5/...') #2 /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/wp-load.php(50): require_once('/home/newspac5/...') #3 /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/home/newspac5/...') #4 /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/newspac5/...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-posts-controller.php on line 17

Do you have a clue about how I can fix the issue?

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Im reporting this because I do not know if you could provide me some support about what has happened with my wordpress installation at newspaceco.com domain.

Today, without touching anything, I see that my worpress page reports fatal error with the following message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'WP_REST_Controller' not found in /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-posts-controller.php:17 Stack trace: #0 /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/wp-settings.php(263): require() #1 /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/wp-config.php(90): require_once('/home/newspac5/...') #2 /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/wp-load.php(50): require_once('/home/newspac5/...') #3 /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/home/newspac5/...') #4 /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/newspac5/...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/newspac5/domains/newspaceco.com/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-posts-controller.php on line 17

Do you have a clue about how I can fix the issue?
We see several files inside your web directory that seem to have been infected with Malware. You should be able to download clean core WordPress files from their website and replace them as needed.