Wordpress Theme

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am opening a new wordpress blog. I'll be providing HTML, CSS Tutorial over there. Can you suggest me a free theme for my blog. I prefer white background.

also comment if you think that either joomla or drupal would be a better choice for my purpose.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have heard that joomla uses lot of server resources, is it right?

nastus

Reaction score
I think wordpress would suit it fine... See the benefit of having a selection is you can formulate a preference! Test it out and if your not satisfied try another :)

patnaik771

Reaction score
There are a lot of free wordpress themes available on the net, just google it.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There are a lot of free wordpress themes available on the net, just google it.

Yes, there are -- about three of them for every active WordPress install, as far as I can tell, and a few hundred of them are available for preview right here (in the Graphics & Webdesign forum). The problem isn't finding a WP theme, it's finding the right WP theme, and it is fair to ask for recommendations. Paging through tens of thousands of Google search results is only fun for so long, you know.

That said, "I prefer a white background" is a pretty broad requirement. It doesn't help anyone make a recommendation, really, since it doesn't describe the purpose or "feel" of the desired site. Here, I'm talking about things like whether the site is intended to be serious and "newsy", or light and fun, or whether it's primarily concerned with making long text articles readable, whether graphics make up a big part of the site, and so forth. Is typography a concern, and if so, do you need non-Latin language and character set support?

There are a lot of things that go into choosing a website's design. One of my favourite sites is Smashing Magazine, an online magazine for web design professionals. They regularly run a list of well-done, professional-quality freebies, including WP themes, that are worth a look -- they're usually rather striking and have an obvious genre fit, so you don't get the feeling that the content has been shoehorned into a one-size-fits-all generic template.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I figured you might have found something (since this thread has been around for more than a week and you've been asking the sorts of questions that indicate you're motivated and moving toward a goal) -- the object of my posting was to disabuse people of the notion that "Google it" is always a good answer, and maybe to help other people ask and answer questions a little more constructively in the future. (Nice, clean template, by the way.)