Wordpress: Unable to connect to the Disqus API servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroark

Reaction score
Hello everyone! ~

Today I migrated my blog to my x10Hosting account. Everything was working fine, imported posts, data, themes. In the end, I started migrating plugins. Up to now, most of them worked normally but I have some troubles with the Disqus Comment System Plugin. In the old host, it was working fine with the other plugins, so I totally discard incompatibility between them.

Anyway, the plugin installs fine. But when I need to configure it it asks me to login to my Disqus Account. I do so, and afterwards I get this message: "Unable to connect to the Disqus API servers"

I'm running a WordPress 3.0.4, which is the latest version. Also, there's no compatibility errors of plugins, themes or anything with this version. So ... Could I get some help please?

Thanks in advance!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Without looking at the code for this plugin, I can't be sure, but I'm assuming it uses fsockopen() or the CURL library to connect to other servers. Because of the abuse of these features, X10's free servers do not allow remote connections like this to other servers. Unfortunately, we cannot open a port for single users and the only way your plugin will work on X10 is if you upgrade to a premium service.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually I'm gunna escalate this one up; it's not trying to open a port and we've been able to white-list some of the API sites in the past, so they might be able to whitelist Discuz's cause there's a lot of users running that on the hosting too.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Actually I'm gunna escalate this one up; it's not trying to open a port and we've been able to white-list some of the API sites in the past, so they might be able to whitelist Discuz's cause there's a lot of users running that on the hosting too.

Thanks livewire, I actually just saw your previous thread and you took care of this before I could get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.