WordPress Update Failure, Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryku650

Reaction score
Hello,

Whenever I would try to update WordPress it would begin loading the update page and then come to a complete stop. The page would stop loading, and the content would be cut half off. I have manually updated my WordPress through a tutorial on the forums. As of right now, I am getting this message: "An automated WordPress update has failed to complete - please attempt the update again now."

I fear that if I try to re-update it will do the same thing and my site will go down. It will say a construction message or something like that, and then I would have to completely re-install WordPress manually. The plugins I also try to install from my site will do the same thing, except I have to worry far less since they don't take the site down.

Last time I was here to host a website, this never happened. Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Update 1: The plugin installation will sometimes display correctly. It's not fixed but I can deal with it. I am going to re-install WordPress to see if it doesn't mess up.

Update 2: The automated WordPress installation does not take down my website anymore, however, it remains on "Unpacking files..." and the page stops loading. I am still getting the error message on the top of my screen.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Shameless bump.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now stoli's having problems, so that may have been part of it. Hold off on updating it if your site is managing to load, although based on what I'm seeing stoli's completely offlined.

Last edited:

ryku650

Reaction score
Thank you for the response.

My problem with updating WordPress first appeared on Thursday, when I came back to x10. If I recall correctly, the servers were working right.

Then again, it may just be a serverside issue. I will wait until Stoli has been completely restored.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.