World's First 2.5" 300GB SATA Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

monky91

Reaction score
fujitsu_mhx2300bt.jpg

Fujitsu Limited recently announced the development of the world's first 2.5" hard disk drive that offers storage capacity of 300 gigabytes (GB) with a Serial ATA interface. The new hard disk drive "MHX2300BT" will be available in late February 2007. Featuring the highest storage capacity in the 2.5" class, it will be available on a global basis for use primarily in multifunctional mobile PCs and digital TVs.

Fujitsu began selling hard disk drives with perpendicular magnetic recording in October of this year. It has been an industrial leader in introducing high-capacity 2.5" hard disk drives, launching products with 160 GB in September 2005 and 200 GB in May 2006 that garnered high praise from many customers.

MHX2300BT marks the commercial introduction of second generation of perpendicular magnetic recording technology. The new hard disk drive will be offered in 300 GB, the highest storage capacity available in 2.5" hard disk drives, and 250 GB versions, offering the capacity needed to store terrestrial broadcasting digital TV videos. This level of capacity makes these hard disk drives suitable alternatives to the 3.5"drives typically found in desktop PCs, and their small size makes them especially well-suited to flat-panel TVs with built-in recorders.

The new hard disk drives are the RoHS compliant and have read/write power consumption requirements of just 1.6 W, among the lowest in the world, making them environmentally-friendly products. They are also exceptionally quiet, emitting just 2.1 bels of noise at idle.

Source: Fujitsu

dyfuse

Reaction score
Wow...these 2.5" HDDs sound great! Although, I'm wondering how long before even these get superceded. At least, they'll save a bit of space for many different devices.

artist

Reaction score
That is funny I have most of 200 external and 80 internal full. But I keep a lot of things I guess I should not. Can't let go of my fonts, plugins, backgrounds and photos...no to mention all the ISO's I have of the discs I am too lazy to pop in and out. I so love the convenience of the external because I can use it with my laptop when I need to and all of my info is right there.

Last edited:

Bonekhan

Reaction score
Using a combination of GMail ( about 30 accounts, 2 gigs each--60 gigs) and MegaUpload ( 4 accounts at 50 gigs each--200 gigs) I have all my data backed up, but I take in an average supply of 1.6 gigs each day (several system monitor reports) so having this hard-drive would make life tons better. Not to mention the reduced security risk of private info on MU getting into the wrong hands, although 2 of my 4 accounts are premium and have my files locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.