Would this mean I'm locked out for good? (Backend Password because of timezone issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesla115595

Reaction score
Hi (aio1155.x10.mx)

It appears that perhaps this time zone issue is causing problems concerning a safety feature I installed for the Joomla backend. This feature protects anyone from gettiing in, meaning that once I visit my adim backend, an email is sent with a password, now I'm not receiving my confirmation password to get in to change my joomla timezone. It was working earlier, but now it isn't. :( Also, I have tried just reloading my adim url, and it's locked in at the confirmation code screen.

So is there a way that you good folks can get in, and change my timezone for me via manually editing some php file or something? OR could you point me in the right direction on which file I would need to change myself?

I appreciate any help you can give...Thanks!

Last edited:

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Would this mean I'm locked out for good? (Backend Password because of timezone is

Try this:
Open cpanel >> file manager >> public_html >> index.php (joomla)

Add this temporarily:
-------
putenv("TZ=US/Central");
-------

mikesla115595

Reaction score
Re: Would this mean I'm locked out for good? (Backend Password because of timezone is

Try this:
Open cpanel >> file manager >> public_html >> index.php (joomla)

Add this temporarily:
-------
putenv("TZ=US/Central");
-------

Hi MaestroFX1.

Thank you, I'll do that right now.

Cheers...

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

UPDATE:

I have done what you posted, and the webpage is still not coming up with the proper information, and the articles are not showing up. Should I remove this putenv("TZ=US/Central"); line form index php?

I have emptied my cache, History in Firefox, and Opera web browsers, and my webpage is still coming up with the same errors...

Crazy thing is that I visited the site a few hours ago, and everything was working fine.

Cheers...thanks for the help MaestroFX1.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Timezone offset should +1 hr from central to get right in eastern.

First check what you get from this(servertime_central.php):
-------
<?php
echo date("l F d, Y, h:i A"); //Actual server time based on its physical location
?>
-------
You should get the "time" somewhere around 2330 or 11:30 PM Central

What's the name of the "safety feature" ?

mikesla115595

Reaction score

Timezone offset should +1 hr from central to get right in eastern.

First check what you get from this(servertime_central.php):
-------
<?php
echo date("l F d, Y, h:i A"); //Actual server time based on its physical location
?>
-------
You should get the "time" somewhere around 2330 or 11:30 PM Central

What's the name of the "safety feature" ?

Hi. :)

I can't seem to find servertime_central.php. This is a bit beyond me now.

I just tried to get into my Administrator account to get you the name of the plugin, and I got a Mysql error.

Error
-----
Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Cheers...

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

Hi.

This is just a small update. The plugin is now working. It's sending me a confirmation email for backend access.

Could this be all about a sql database read error or something? Like I mention in my previous post I have received a mysql database error.

C- panel works...

Cheers MaestroFX1, and thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.