WP BP site need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdestiny

Reaction score
my site hit its limit 2 times and i dont know why, id like to know how to improve my site so it dont repeat this again( its a new site and made less the 24 hours ago with only me and my partner on it.

CalmirageD88

Reaction score
Wordpress site need much resource usage to run, disable some 'resource-hogs' plugin to prevent your site usage hit its limit.
Oh! and don't use plugin too much ;)

cuz we are free users on x10hosting :rofl:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If by BP you mean BuddyPress, my experiences with it basically boil down to WordPress not being designed to be a social network, so it doesn't do things "smartly" for a social network. While it is possible to turn it into one, the resulting resource load does tend to be over what our free hosting service can run, and I'm not sure it'd work particularly well on Premium once it got to a good size, purely because it's a blogging platform adapted into something it wasn't meant to be.

My best advice would be to switch to software designed as social network software; you'll still have the risk of tripping the usage limit, especially if the network begins to grow in size, but software designed for the right purpose will almost always work better than software adapted to a different objective.

sdestiny

Reaction score
so this host wont work for me then ?
im looking to run a blog and a mini social network....

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
WordPress itself runs fine; with the plugins being made by third-party developers however, there's a good chance it won't work. In my experiences, BuddyPress simply can't convert it into a social network without causing some very high resource usage.

As I had indicated, my best advice would be to use actual social network software for the social network (Dolphin's free version comes to mind). WordPress alone as a blog should be fine as long as you don't go overboard on plugins (some of the developers for the plugins really need to take some classes in security, let alone how to minimize resource usage).

Status
Not open for further replies.