Wtf Is Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgemmell

Reaction score
Everybody got the same Neo. They putting the SQL back on local so if you changed to 'mysql.x10hosting.com' then you have to change back to localhost. They rebuilding everything to get a fresh clean install, so it's taking some time.

Best not to use words like 'crap' or acronyms like WTF as this may be interpreted as being 'negative' and somebody with no sense of proportion and less manners may rudely suggest that you 'just leave'.

wamphanoag

Reaction score
@fgemmell
Can you explain how to do that?, thank you

Last edited:

Chris73

Reaction score
I am tired of everyone not being able to read "CRAP" as you so call it. Please allow the Staff to finish the current moves before making a remark. Thanks

fgemmell

Reaction score
You mean change back from 'mysql.x10hosting.com' to 'localhost'?

On your site will be numerous files all ending in .php - if there are only .html or .htm you're not using MySQL. You should have a local copy of your site.

Presuming that there are, you need to search through them using a text editor. Everywhere you see something that looks like this: -

mysql_connect("mysql.x10hosting.com"

replace it with

mysql_connect("localhost"

Just copy 'mysql.x10hosting.com' and 'localhost' (without the speechmarks) paste these into the 'find and replace' function of the text editor, find the first instance, go 'replace' for every instance in every file where you see 'mysql_connect('.

Try and find a code editor like PFE32 to do this in instead of Word or another word processor. These are TEXT files.

There's lots of other ways of doing this, there may be a configuration tool for whatever software you're using, but this is a generic method that most people can cope with.

Upload the modified files to the appropriate directory on the server. You still have to wait 'till everything's fixed.

Last edited:

wamphanoag

Reaction score
thank you fgemmell for you reply, i don't have, in my site, any php files with mysql connection (i'm starting to understand php + mysql only noi) so i think the problem is in the webserver (maybe). How you have suggested: i wait 'till everything's fixed.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
You will have to wait until all the work on the servers has been completed. Making new threads won't help matters. Please be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.