www.robozaa.co.cc A robotics community

robozaa robotics

Reaction score
http://www.robozaa.co.cc

Hello everybody
I AN NEW AROUND HERE

I thought it would be really nice if somebody reviews my website.
www.robozaa. co.cc

It is a robotics and embedded systems community set up by me and a friend for everybody.

It will help us a lot if you will tell us how to improve our website.

Also we are looking for sponscers
who can help up financially and or by providing new samples to evaluate.

Thank you.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
There's way too much going on on your page and by hiding the user's mouse you have made it near impossible to even navigate. Flash web design is a very difficult thing to get right, as it has to be helpful but not in your face. Also, background music is only going to appeal to the few users who also like that, which will mean a huge proportion of your visitors will get annoyed pretty fast.

indysbirds92

Reaction score
Good job on creating this site.

The first thing I noticed was that it took about three seconds for the left menu to show up. Maybe I am just different than other people however, I make a decision to stay on a website within the first 5 - 10 seconds. Anything that seems slow to me causes me to want to go on to another website.

The second thing is that the text on the homepage is cursive. Even though I write exclusively in cursive handwriting it is still very hard for me to read it on this website. I would suggest changing that font into something more readable.

One last thing is that your page title is so long it doesn't so up on many tabbed browsers.

I could never have spent so much time creating this website (in flash). Good job!

jpr28056

Reaction score
Just a couple things I noticed. I don't know squat about design but I think the sight is pretty cool. Lemon tree previously mentioned the music. At least you have a button to turn it off but when I turn it off with the button, I want it to stay off.

mattblog

Reaction score
No content, This is probably due to the transfers. It should be restored, if not an admin will look at it. For now i suggest adding an under construction page on it.

robozaa robotics

Reaction score
Thanks
mattblog, allen92, jpr28056. indysbirds92, lemon-tree, saurabh1mukhekar@gmail.co
for reviewing my website www.robozaa.x10.bz

I have considered your valuable advices and have made as much changes as possible.

But I am still waiting for the server to get working.

I am unable to upload and update my website as I am unable to login to my site admin account. And due to the move .. my website seems to be unavailable. I shall update the changes when the server gets all right.

Once again thank you.

I request everyone to please review my website and advice any changes if required.

Also it would be really helpful if you tell me about other working gadgets for website that I may use.

Thankyou.

mikester

Reaction score
I promised myself I would only respond to posts in this thread with constructive criticism. I am going to try to stick to that.

1) Lose the "old/slow connection site - new/broadband site" selections. Design your site to load at reasonable speeds for every potential user. Stream multimedia only to people who have intentionally decided to do so.

2) Lose the tacky images and wall papers. Design a more "Web 2.0"-ish stylesheet. Stick with lighter backgrounds - dark backgrounds scream "This site was made by a moody teenager!"

3) Lose the sound files. They're not essential to the sites function, and only serve as an annoyance.

4) Use a smaller font for your content. It seems like you didn't have a lot to say, so you filled up the page using the largest font possible.

5) Overall the site is distracting itself from itself. You have too many images/banners/advertisements and they're all animated. Reduce the number of graphics, and limit the number of animated/moving/flashing images to no more than ONE - preferably zero. You can still use multiple still images, but they must be consistent in size, and shouldn't contrast with each other - or your site - with regards to both color and content.

I hope I helped somehow.