X Box 360?

cat5niper

Reaction score
hey anyone who reads this I am thinking of getting an X Box 360 and I would like you point of view on games and the console its self.
thanks​

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I've never had/played a 360, but there are loads of games out there, and right now, is probably a better bet than a PS3 right now, since a lot of good games like Halo 3, World in Conflict, etc are out for the 360.

By the way, you can actually get a free XBox 360 off of Microsoft's Club Live, if you want to spend some time playing puzzle games for a while to get one.

syedsaid

Reaction score
Hey, one of the best games is Call of Duty 4. It's a first person shooter if your into that genre of video games.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
360 has the best games as of now, and don't worry about inevitable hardware failure because Microsoft will send you the box to have your 360 repaired (no charge to you whatsoever, just wait 2-3 weeks). I'm not sure if the newer consoles have this problem resolved, but my roommate has had his 360 for a year now and it's running great!

MHRLIVE

Reaction score
360 has the best games as of now
but the PS3 has the best games as of now + Sony games (Gran torismo) , metal gear solid ....

spork

Reaction score
I would buy it just for Halo 3 if I had the money. My friend has one and it's simply awesome.

NSChan

Reaction score
hey anyone who reads this I am thinking of getting an X Box 360 and I would like you point of view on games and the console its self.

thanks​

five reasons why you should buy one (excluding the obvious ones)

1. Can now play most video files (so if you download a vid off the net you can watch it on the xbox thru a USB drive to save a DVD
  2. Can now download classic xbox games direct to hard disk
  3. Can also download movies direct to hard disk
  4. Best feeling controler out their (PS3 feels cheap and tacky)
  5. Can play music in games insted of in game music
and has some of the best exclusive games out their

Halo 3
Gears of War
Forza

and with the new HDMI cables on the new models you cant beat it

if you are in the UK, Gamestation have a great deal on (which i took advantage of when i picked up a second box yesterday :biggrin:) XBox 360 premium with ANY 2 games for £300

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Its an amazing console.

Personally, I haven't had any problems with it.

You get the best controller (in terms of comfort),
You get the best choice of games,
You get the best online service,
You can get HD movies on it,
etc, etc.

Its cheaper and has more games than the PS3
and is simply more powerful and fully featured than the Wii.

stillercity

Reaction score
Well of course everyone has said Halo 3, but theres also Mass Effect, Crackdown (a massively overlooked game, its really awesome), Gears of War 2 (whenever it comes out, should be soon), Bioshock (I can't get it, but the demo is awesome), Full Auto 2, Need for Speed Pro Street, Madden 08, any NHL game, Forza, Call of Duty 4 (obviously), and Guitar Hero III (omg sweet game).
Yeah thats a big list and all, most of them are M, but I usually can slide past my parents to get M.

Other reasons to get it are the new social stuff, where you can look at your friends friends, and make a biography and stuff, that will look really good as it comes along (should be like Myspace or Facebook eventually). There are downloads for original Xbox games now too, plus free demos for most of the new games. Xbox Live is the best invention to man since the sleep button. Xbox Live Arcade is massively improving for families and Christmas time. Music actually works, just plug in an mp3, disc, or memory stick and you can listen to it while you play. Awesome, really.

Yeah, you really need to get an XBOX 360 now.

Biggeh

Reaction score
I think the 360 is the best gaming system out there right now. Even though, I am selling mine for a laptop, it is great.

It does have a few problems with the system failure. When I first got mine, it was off ebay, then I had gotten another from ebay, because the first one was not working at all.
I then finally got one from Wal-Mart. It worked perfectly fine.

I just suggest you buy a brand new one from an electronics store, and not the internet from some else. That is where most of the ones with system failure come from.

Sohail

Reaction score
That's definitely not worth it. If you get a PS3 then you won't have to pay to play online, you get 50gb Blu Ray discs so that means you get the best HD graphics, there's Dolby Digital, Bluetooth, an internet brower, 4 usb slots with a memory card reader, wifi, you can even install an OS on it! And don't forget the massive 60gigs to store your music, pics and videos. You can also download trailers, games, demos, add ons, themes and more from the Playstation Store! Hope this makes you change your mind.

Xemnas

Reaction score
That's definitely not worth it. If you get a PS3 then you won't have to pay to play online, you get 50gb Blu Ray discs so that means you get the best HD graphics, there's Dolby Digital, Bluetooth, an internet brower, 4 usb slots with a memory card reader, wifi, you can even install an OS on it! And don't forget the massive 60gigs to store your music, pics and videos. You can also download trailers, games, demos, add ons, themes and more from the Playstation Store! Hope this makes you change your mind.
Nope, sorry. Didn't change my mind. Why? Well, let's examine this . . .

Free online play? Not free at all when it wastes away all your bandwidth. And since most people can't afford a PS3 right now, you're going to seriously enjoy fragging yourself in UT3 . . .

Blu Ray? It may be big, but that's negated when all the space taken up by so-called "photorealistic" visuals that Sony proudly proclaims PS3 is capable of, casually ignoring the fact that they did the same for PS2, which itself hasn't come all that far in graphics. And, as of now only Sony supports Blu-Ray; that alone speaks volumes.

Dolby Digital, games, demos, add-ons, themes etc? Maybe you hadn't noticed, but Xbox 360 has been doing all of that for a year longer than PS3. The trailers and PS1 games might be free, but only because 1. you can YouTube/Google it yourself and 2. the games are only free if you have the originals - so you're only wasting your time (and bandwidth).

So really there are no advantages PS3 has over Xbox 360, just another $1k out of your pocket and into Sony's.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, sorry. Didn't change my mind. Why? Well, let's examine this . . .

Free online play? Not free at all when it wastes away all your bandwidth. And since most people can't afford a PS3 right now, you're going to seriously enjoy fragging yourself in UT3 . . .

Blu Ray? It may be big, but that's negated when all the space taken up by so-called "photorealistic" visuals that Sony proudly proclaims PS3 is capable of, casually ignoring the fact that they did the same for PS2, which itself hasn't come all that far in graphics. And, as of now only Sony supports Blu-Ray; that alone speaks volumes.

Dolby Digital, games, demos, add-ons, themes etc? Maybe you hadn't noticed, but Xbox 360 has been doing all of that for a year longer than PS3. The trailers and PS1 games might be free, but only because 1. you can YouTube/Google it yourself and 2. the games are only free if you have the originals - so you're only wasting your time (and bandwidth).

So really there are no advantages PS3 has over Xbox 360, just another $1k out of your pocket and into Sony's.

Quick note: PS3 now costs the same as a 360. Price is no longer a barricade.

Continue :)

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend the 360, as it is a poor excuse for a console. It's just an unreliable, expensive Xbox 1 with better graphics. Halo is a mediocre game for a mediocre system.